DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
1,454 Posts
i see now why your short on your engine funds :D

looks really good though.

if you look in the back ground of my avaitor photo there's a nice 2 lane black top road and it just happens to be about a 1/4 mile long before it goes into a curve at each end, that's where i do all of my engine testing. :rck:
 

· USAF MOPAR MILITARY BRAT
Joined
·
3,485 Posts
Nice, those were the days that we had some nice weather. It was a perfect time to do it. I wish I could have concrete. I've got black top for my runway. I hate doing the surfacing thing. It's messy! :mad: Did you get hit on the property taxes thing? I wonder if that will have an effect of ya? I hate Indiana sometimes! :VHOT:
 

· AirFuelEddie
Joined
·
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Brian_RO said:
i see now why your short on your engine funds :D

looks really good though.

if you look in the back ground of my avaitor photo there's a nice 2 lane black top road and it just happens to be about a 1/4 mile long before it goes into a curve at each end, that's where i do all of my engine testing. :rck:
Yep, Brian you have the ultimate setup for your engine development work! :D I bet that aspahlt, if it could, would tell some cool stories as well! Most probably highly illegal from a State Troopers point of view! :D BTW, I am waiting for the shop to contact me regarding my block. I oredered a set of billet Fabbed valve covers for my heads and an ARP stud set for the covers as well. I'll post the pic of them as soon as they arrive. Total cost for both parts+shipping to my door? 146.00!!!!Heck of a deaL AT 440 SOURCE ON THE 440 VALVE COVERS!!99.00 SLIGHTLY BLEMISHED SAVE 50.00!! :rck:
 

· AirFuelEddie
Joined
·
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks 84Ram, MoPar Charles if anyone was to extract what that car could really do it's you man! Brian, or anyone else, www.440source.com billet rail, fabricated aluminum valve covers for B/RB are only 99.95! It would cost you as much if you bought the aluminum from scratch and built them yourselves, they have a slight blemish scratch ect,, but are fully baffled, have 1" opening for breathers pcv ect,, I also bought an ARP stud kit with it, I'll need these covers because the valvetrain I am going to use,(ISKY ductile iron rockers, bushed by Dan the Lawman Dvorak, with his holdowns and .250 shafts), may not clear the stock covers, and I want to 'tie' the covers together ala 1964 426 Nascar Hemi. Total cost was 136.00 delivered to my door, I'll post these babies as soon as I recieve them! BTW, the same covers Moroso, Mancini ect all cost at least 200.00+ without fasteners and no holes or baffles! This is a killer dudes, for those with B/RB engines and not desiring stock stamped steel covers
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,454 Posts
threetwos said:
Yep, Brian you have the ultimate setup for your engine development work! :D I bet that aspahlt, if it could, would tell some cool stories as well! Most probably highly illegal from a State Troopers point of view! :D BTW,
that stretch of road has seen a few blasts from the past over the years and at one time there was a state trooper that lived up the road and he past through more then one smoke cloud, he would always smile and wave when he went by. :D


fabricated aluminum valve covers for B/RB are only 99.95! It would cost you as much if you bought the aluminum from scratch and built them yourselves.
if they built those for a Hemi i would be looking into a set of them and if the plan for that 62 dodge ever goes through then they won't work on that future engine either (four bolt valve covers):(

but that's a killer price on those covers even if they do have a blimish or two on them.
 

· AirFuelEddie
Joined
·
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll post em as soon as I get em in my greasy paws Brian! I also got the ARP stud kit for an additional 26.95. I love ARP stuff. I am going to use a complete kit for accessories, and internally many arp fasteners will be used. Funny thing, I will have as much in the ARP fasteners as the Crank!!
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,454 Posts
threetwos said:
I'll post em as soon as I get em in my greasy paws Brian! I also got the ARP stud kit for an additional 26.95. I love ARP stuff. I am going to use a complete kit for accessories, and internally many arp fasteners will be used. Funny thing, I will have as much in the ARP fasteners as the Crank!!
now it has been awhile since i have used any ARP bolts but if i remember correctly you have to stretch those bolts a few times before you set your actual torque specs. so read the instructions first instead of just throwing them away.
 

· AirFuelEddie
Joined
·
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the tips Brian I'll do that. AP, I never went to them about the taxes since they just raised our property taxes from 15-150% last year, and simply forgot.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top