DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been discussed before but until now I am not certain of the answer...

I have a 3" Rancho lift on my car... I would like to change my standard tires (currently 265/70R16) while keeping the same stock 16" wheel.

What size can I go up to without having any rubbing?

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
265-75/16. A lot of the torsion/shackle lift guys run this size and there are many choices in this size (it's the standard size for the older Z-71s, etc). Here is a pic of Steve Smit's beautiful D with 265s

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How about 285/75R16? is that possible? I need the width factor as I do a lot of offroading in the sand... the wider the tires, the better the flotation... I usually deflate to 15PSI as well in order to get more flotation. I think the 285/75 would make the D a desert ship :)

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
you might get some rubbing but can possibly trim. 285s are about 33.2" correct?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:dunno:

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
285 75r16
285mm / 25.4 = 11.22" wide
11.22" x .75 = 8.41" sidewall height
(8.41" x 2) + 16" = 32.82" tire diameter

I know you can make these fit. You can get a bit more lift to clear them by cranking your torsion bars and using an Add-A-Leaf to your rear spring pack. If you still have problems, you could consider trimming your front fender bumper and some of the plastic wheel well. You can also help clearance by using a bolt on wheel adaptor that will shift your tire out 1"-1.5". This will make your wheels stick out further, but it will give more clearance and increase your stability. Unfortunately it is a bit more stress on your front IFS system.

How is your new driveshaft coming? Any progress? I may still reconsider the lift if you can find a reliable driveshaft.

·
Registered
662 Posts
You could always switch to a 15 inch rim and get some 32/11.5's so you have width and do not have to lift your D more (possibly causing more driveshaft problems).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.