DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my co-workers is considering building a car for a local RC tracks "Trans-Am" series that mandates the use of HPI Racing's '65 GT350/'66 Mustang, '68 Camaro, or '70 Cuda AAR with the HPI "nostalgia" wheels and tires (Torque Thrust clones and "period correct "sports-car tires") and period correct paint. I have sarcastically suggested lace panel paint since it would be period correct. I may have to try it myself at some point and I'm wondering what is the best way to do it and if it's possible to reverse the procedure so it can be done on the inside of the clear lexan bodies used in this hobby.

·
Registered
56 Posts
i dont see why it couldnt be reversed , just getting the lace to lay down inside the body right might pose a bit of problems , when you get that worked out then just spray the body as "normal" .

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's some of what I was figuring, I've picked up almost all of the needed supplies to try it on a flat sheet of lexan (proof of concept), all I need to buy now is a piece of lace :help:

·
Registered
56 Posts
just go to walmart back to the artsy fartsy section(yarn,fabric,lace,fake flowers) they will have varied styles to choose from.

·
Registered
56 Posts
oh ok , want to see pics when you do this man , i think itll be nice

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Will do, I'll try and work on it this week, somehow I managed to get the 26th and 27th off from the store :rck:

BTW, the co-worker I suggested this to has decided to paint up the '68 Camaro body he bought in hte Bumblebee style Yellow with Black Stripes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.