1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Those are more expensive than Sharadon and PR&D, and I dont know of anyone that is using them. Also, it states that they are using comp valve springs, which we all know are not up to par with the Manley's or 6.1's. I would be cautious buying those heads.

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
hemi1569 said:
Is this a decent price for these heads or no?

It's really not a bad price cosidering the cost of the valves and what it all takes to install them. I'm not a big fan of using the Comp springs and steel retainers. The valves are too big for most and could actually hurt performance. Sharadon just released their 5.7 cnc heads with stock size valves and 6.1 exhaust springs.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought the big valve heads were the best?

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
hemidup said:
hemi1569 said:
Is this a decent price for these heads or no?

It's really not a bad price cosidering the cost of the valves and what it all takes to install them. I'm not a big fan of using the Comp springs and steel retainers. The valves are too big for most and could actually hurt performance. Sharadon just released their 5.7 cnc heads with stock size valves and 6.1 exhaust springs.
:D :D :rck: :rck:

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Working on improving the tune this week and out to the track Thursday!!

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
hemi1569 said:
A 2.02/1.57 valve combo is really not considered "big valved". Under .400" lift, both the stock valves and the 2.02/1.57 valves flow close to the same cfm. Above .400" lift, it's the design and shape of the valve that will get you gains.

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
dline said:
sawcut what do you think of sharadon heads???
Well with a crappy tune(13.5 A/F) I picked up 1.5 MPH in the 1/8th. Also these heads were designed to work with the 216/268 cam not the 6.1 that's in it now, so I expect more with a decent tune, and even more with the proper cam(216). So far VERY excited about it!!! :rck: :rck: :rck:

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
hemi1569 said:

Yes the big valve(not much bigger) heads out perform the stock valve heads in every way. It isn't by much. I think the biggest reason people buy them is the quality of parts installed on them. Over the stock parts. Yes, the 6.1 exhaust spring is a very good quality spring. Although I feel the Manley spring is much better. I think one of the reasons for the few Manley spring failures has been improper set up. I was talking to an individual(I'll not name them) about there spring failure. It turns out they were useing the ls1 Manley, not the Hemi spring. I'm not sure everyone understands the Manley Nextek series of springs are very sensitive to proper installed/lift heights for what it is designed for. Setup wrong and they will fail. Set them up right and you will get yrs of service.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
So now I'm being quoted. LOL

·
Toothy Critters Rock!
7,238 Posts
dline said:
sawcut what do you think of sharadon heads???
He got distracted from the tuning deal on his first night out (to snatch up 1st place in the brackets).
Think he was more happy to get that winners cap and trophy than he would have been had we worked on dialing the tune in any closer. He's had his eye on that particular black - blue flamed cap for quite a few months now.

Attachments

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Randtx said:
He got distracted from the tuning deal on his first night out (to snatch up 1st place in the brackets).
Think he was more happy to get that winners cap and trophy than he would have been had we worked on dialing the tune in any closer. He's had his eye on that particular black - blue flamed cap for quite a few months now.
:rck: :D :rck: Nah wanna get that beast tuned and see what she does...and if I happen to win again....SWEET!!!! :D :rck: :D

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Congrats;Sawcut64
Im sure a big cam is what those heads need.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
So,, sawcut can drive too. Good deal

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.