DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Programmer turned up today. Let me tell you, the little 4.7 is damn strong now! :thatfunny

The mods include the KRC 206 cams, Fastman 68mmTB, JBA headers, HO intake, 4.56 gearing & CAI. these were all installed a wile ago. The KRC cams made good power increase then the gears & TB.

Installed the programmer in 15 min & drove her like i STOL it! The truck pulls & pulls all the way to 100mph. The gear change is much more crisper and now 2nd to 3rd gear the truck lurches forward watching the speedo rising nice and quick to 100mph & makes quick work of 0-60mph infact 0-80!

The 4.7 does not lose steam up inclines anymore & pulls like f##k 0-80mph. Infact the truck accelerates the same if not better up inclines than my brothers cummins 600 he would obviously with a trailer on both our trucks. Pulls good at 2000rpm too, so all in all i have gained massively in mid and top end but gained well in low end too.

No idea what 0-60mph time is but in comparison the 3V 5.4 ford we just leased feels flat as f##k compared to the little tricked out 4.7 motor in my ram.

Sorry for ranting on just totally impressed, if you want power from the 4.7 it's the only way to go in my book.

Mike

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
Ive been waiting on you to post some more results of your add-ons..........I am thinking better cams(H.O.'s now) in the near future and have recently installed my 4.56 gears as well.....I am going to put some money back also for the SuperChips programmer which I have found at a great price in my area..........just checking in and gonna pick your brain for info to see how awesome the truck really performs so have a little more to make up my mind!!!!
Brian

·
Registered
12,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I installed the HO cams then a year later installed the KRC 206 cams and there was still a significant increase in power over the HO ones, so if you can wait a little longer and save for the KRC cams, there totaly worth the extra bucks. I had heard the Fastman possibly? were coming out with the same grind for 200 less, i may be wrong.

·
Registered
12,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The programmer is a good $$ to power gain compared to other mods like headers, there a waist of money but they were a present so i was happey, they look good under the hood thats about all they did.

Goodluck

·
SRT-4
3,262 Posts
very nice! you got the mods to make the 4.7 into a lil monster.

I hope to finially get some 4.56s put in myself, then 206s would probably follow as the next performance mod.

·
Registered
12,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With the 4.56 you can do standing burnouts with 35" tyres in 1st. With the old 3.55 the truck would just sit there! Only tried once or twice as tyres arn't cheap these days.

·
Registered
628 Posts
HEY..! I take offense to that....! I've got 3.55's with 20's and I can spin the hell out of one tire...... in the rain.....,

·
Registered
12,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You want to try and make my freinds 4.6 f-150 spin. Managed to spin one for a second or two turning hard onto the main road then it bogged right down, love taking the piss out of him and his all mighty triton!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.