DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the many that asked ... here are some "quick shots" of the KORE "stuff". I will take more this weekend when the truck is cleaned up with the tapemeasure so everyone can see the height after the kit.

Remember, KORE does not market this as a "lift", it is a suspension enhancement that happens to provide about 2.75" in fornt and 1.5" in rear while increasing stability, comfort and ability.

As for how it rides, bumps and expansion joints simply go away. No porpoising at all, anywhere, ever. There is a TON of progression in these springs. They absorb a ton.

enjoy ... pm with questions

#1 - The KORE coils and the swaybar spacer (I painted mine black. It's normally just billet in color)

#2 - The Deaver mini pack. notice the overload is gone

#3 - The bilstein stabilizer. This is an option and not part of the standard kits. You will NOT notice a difference unless you go off road often. I live on an aggregate road and spend alot of time offroad for livestock reasons.

Attachments

· KTM Rider
163 Posts
Cool. Where's the overall pic? Are you running 35's.

I want to go with the KORE reaaaal bad, but I have a long bed and I'm not sure 35's will do a long bed justice. My last Dodge was a LB and I ran 37's and it was just right.

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will get a full shot at lunch ... it is dirty, but you will be able to see.

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is a side shot

Attachments

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thx ... pretty dirty though ... live on a gravel road and the dust is enough to drive me NUTS !!!

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Josh Brown said:

Well, I had already purchased the Bilsteins prior to the KORE, so the kit cost was about $1100, with shocks it is around $1400. The kit is simply awesome. Yes it is pricey, but you get what you pay for. They also offer a kit specifically for the Hemi. The front springs are load rated different due to the engine weight difference. if anyone is in the DFW area, I'll be glad to meet up and let you experience the kit.

· 5 Years... 6 Dodges
30,923 Posts
Is that the Patriot Blue color or Black? It looks black... but then my mind thinks PB too...

It's interesting... I saw before you were in Texas, but now I know you're in DFW. Perhaps I will be able to take that ride you've offered... perhaps at a small GTG here in a month or so? I'm driving down to spend some time with family and I'll be there. Where in DFW are you?

And since I've got you here... why not fill out your sig and list what you've done.

· KTM Rider
163 Posts
Mike, Nice looking truck dude. What size tars are you running on that rig?

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
thanks ... 35x12.5-17

Bubba, come on down ... all are welcome. It is black, but the dust and dirt make it change colors. i am out north of Fort Worth about 15 miles from Texas Motor Speedway. And I added a sig just for you ;)

· 5 Years... 6 Dodges
30,923 Posts
Yup, I know the area... I'm going to visit family that are pretty much all around the 20/35 area.

I'm 99% sure I can get Chauncy to make the trip up there... but not sure who else. Of course now I plan on driving so who knows... I may possibly make Heat Wave depending on the dates for that.

Is that Banks piece the High Ram? Or something else? If it is... how do you like it? I thought about getting it but couldn't find any hard numbers saying it was really benefical.

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just let me know when you are around. As for actual performance, not really on the high ram. There is more of a growl and the piece stays cooler to the touch than the factory piece, so the intake temp must be cooler. but nothing that makes me go WOW !!!

· 5 Years... 6 Dodges
30,923 Posts
Yea, that's why I couldn't really justify the $300 for it... although I did think about it for the small gain and the looks of it. :)

I've got off from the 11th if July to the 1st of August... so it'll be between then. You up for a small GTG if we can get a couple people?

· Registered
4,446 Posts
Is the stabalizer included in the kit? It's the best I've seen.

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Josh Brown said:
Is the stabalizer included in the kit? It's the best I've seen.
It is an option ... runs about $350 which includes the billet mount.

As for a get together, sure. Always willing to get together, drink some brew and chat about whatever.

· Registered
4 Posts
Kore suspension

Is that the Chase or Pace system that you have? :gr_patrio

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I already had the 5100s on and didn't see the sense in upgrading the shocks. But alas, now I am upgrading to 7100s. Anyone in the market for a set of used 5100 series ? They are the regular Bilsteins, not the KORE valved 5100s.

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bubba_Hemi said:
Yea, that's why I couldn't really justify the $300 for it... although I did think about it for the small gain and the looks of it. :)
Actually, mine became FREE !!! 4wheelparts (in Ft. Worth) sold it to me. i asked about longer bolts, they said I didn't need any ... so I played along. I called back and said, now that my intake is disassembled and i need longer bolts, what do i do. He said that the last one they installed didn't need any additional bolts. So I called the Dallas store and talked to the manager (this is where I normally get my 4wheelparts stuff). He called and talked to the Ft. Worth manager and they were going to order another kit for me and install it for free ... cool. So the next weekend rools around (I had already powder coated the piece black instead of red) and I am waiting for them to install and they tell me that the new piece didn't have bolts either and Banks was supposed to overnight/saturday deliver them. well that didn't happen. So, to make the situation right, he refunded my money AND installed the piece for free anyway. So the piece actually cost me nothing. it is worth every penny of that !!! ;)

My Banks in Black

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.