DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I finally wore out the OEM BFG AT KOs and it was time for some new shoes for the Power Wagon. I have been reading many reports, reviews and opinions about various tires over the last several months including many here on DodgeTalk. I want to thank everyone for their input and suggestions.

I decided upon the BFG MT KM2s in size LT285/75R17. I am very pleased with them. I have not towed the fifth wheel with them yet or tried anything challenging off road with them, though I am quite confident I will be pleased with them off road. They ride and handle every bit as well as the ATs they replaced. They are louder, which I expected, but not so loud that I am unhappy with them. :D

·
Registered
179 Posts
Wow! Wish mine still looked half that good. :bawl:

·
Code Red
2,612 Posts
I'm getting a new set of 35" KM2s (my second) this weekend. I've been extremely happy with them and I've got roughly 60K on my current set. Yes, they're pretty bald now, but even so, when I took bstefanic out to Rio Puerco a couple weekends ago, they were still climbing everything I put them on. With my stock BFG A/T KOs, I got about 45K out of them and they looked like hell with a bunch of ripped out lugs. I only had one ripped out lug on the KM2s.

As they wear, they get a bit louder, but not obscenely so.

·
CHRISTINE
1,443 Posts
Well I finally wore out the OEM BFG AT KOs and it was time for some new shoes for the Power Wagon. I have been reading many reports, reviews and opinions about various tires over the last several months including many here on DodgeTalk. I want to thank everyone for their input and suggestions.

I decided upon the BFG MT KM2s in size LT285/75R17. I am very pleased with them. I have not towed the fifth wheel with them yet or tried anything challenging off road with them, though I am quite confident I will be pleased with them off road. They ride and handle every bit as well as the ATs they replaced. They are louder, which I expected, but not so loud that I am unhappy with them. :D

Truck is immaculate! nice

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Yup, agreed. I think the KM2's are a fantastic tire for our trucks. About 8 or so months into my second set. Good in snow, awesome on rocks and mud, excellent in sand (if you air down and control axle hop). Tough sidewalls too. Too bad they cost more then a mortgage payment! It's nice to "count on" tires and always have then deliver though.

·
Registered
354 Posts
That is one sharp looking Wagon! I'm on the hunt for tires for mine and it's driving me NUTS trying to pick one. These are HIGH on my list, though.

·
Registered
150 Posts
excellent tires I have >30,000 on mine now, tough sidewalls for the desert, great traction, long lasting

·
Registered
219 Posts
Thats a sharp truck. Love the color.

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
Dat shor is a purty truck !!!

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I can't believe yours is an 06 too. That is very clean. I haven't seen my inner fender wells in 4 years!

·
Registered
354 Posts
What is the actual measured size for those tires? Just curious how different they are from the stock sized BFG A/T KOs.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you for the compliments everyone. It has a few dents and scratches, but I have tried to keep it in good condition. I had just buffed and waxed it a few weeks prior to the photograph. I was surprised at how much of the brush pinstriping buffed out.

I'm getting a new set of 35" KM2s (my second) this weekend. I've been extremely happy with them and I've got roughly 60K on my current set. Yes, they're pretty bald now, but even so, when I took bstefanic out to Rio Puerco a couple weekends ago, they were still climbing everything I put them on. With my stock BFG A/T KOs, I got about 45K out of them and they looked like hell with a bunch of ripped out lugs. I only had one ripped out lug on the KM2s.

As they wear, they get a bit louder, but not obscenely so.
I hear ya! I had huge chunks out of the tread and slices in the sidewalls to the chords. I had so many chunks out that I developed vibrations and had to have them re-balanced twice. I was pretty concerned towing the fifth wheel with the slices in the sidewalls, but to their credit I never had a flat, blowout, patch or plug to any of them. They held air until the day they pulled them off to put on the KM2s. :tup:

Yup, agreed. I think the KM2's are a fantastic tire for our trucks. About 8 or so months into my second set. Good in snow, awesome on rocks and mud, excellent in sand (if you air down and control axle hop). Tough sidewalls too. Too bad they cost more then a mortgage payment! It's nice to "count on" tires and always have then deliver though.
OH YEAH! A mortgage payment and a half! :ugh

What is the actual measured size for those tires? Just curious how different they are from the stock sized BFG A/T KOs.
The LT285/70R17 OME BFG AT KOs are 11.5" wide and 32.8" in diameter. The LT285/75R17 BFG MT KM2s are 11.3" wide and 33.9" in diameter. They are essentially the same width, but about 1" larger in diameter.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
delete...

·
Moab Tested
7,252 Posts
PWDF, everytime you post a pic of your PW. It's CLEAN! Even when you off road it. :ugh How you do it? I got the same color, and it's like a magnet for dirt.

What's a mortage payment?

·
CHRISTINE
1,443 Posts
PWDF, everytime you post a pic of your PW. It's CLEAN! Even when you off road it. :ugh How you do it? I got the same color, and it's like a magnet for dirt.

What's a mortage payment?[/QUOTE]

Renter or Paid off? Must be nice! LOL Only 28 more years to go on mine!:worthy:

35 x 12.50 x 17" Km2's @ $380.00 ish a piece X 4 = more than my mortgage payment by a couple hundred.. Damn.. Thems Some Expensive tires!! :YO:

·
Double Rammin'
774 Posts
Truck looks very sharp!! Mine has the ability to look that good, but I don't have the desire or time to spend cleaning it to get it that nice. I like my KM2s, but I found mine have wore very fast. I haven't had them for a year yet (I think) and I am looking to replace them with Toyo's before the snow get going to bad up here. There is lots of life left in them, but they will be done by then end of the winter if I don't change. All in all, a good tire.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Very Nice and the tires are Great... They will handle the RV/5th wheel.

Attachments

·
Moab Tested
7,252 Posts

What's a mortage payment?[/QUOTE]

Renter or Paid off? Must be nice! LOL Only 28 more years to go on mine!:worthy:

35 x 12.50 x 17" Km2's @ $380.00 ish a piece X 4 = more than my mortgage payment by a couple hundred.. Damn.. Thems Some Expensive tires!! :YO:
When the wife past away this past spring. :bawl: I paid everything off.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Great choice I love mine!!!!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts