DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Don
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a zone kit for my 06 ram and am a little worried...dont know if something is wrong with the kit of if this happens with everyone....My front end doesnt make any noise but it seems like my back end where my shocks and leaf are is making a squeeking noise....Kinda almost sounds like when a balljoint is bad squeeking....Now I do have to go and get the suspension retorgued this weds but i need some imput( is it a bad suspension)(Bad part)(or does it just need retorqued?).....please guys any input will help...the noise is driving me insane..or do you guys think its making it because its still stiff???hasnt been offroad or anything like that for you info if that helps....thanks guys

·
Don
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
probably a month tops

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
probably a month tops
Not sure what procedure you used but for the rear end suspension stuff I always wait until everything is back on the ground before I torque it. You can also try spraying the leaf pack and the mounts down with some white lithium grease, sometimes you just need a little lube :D

·
Registered
952 Posts
I have always been told to let the weigth of the truck be on the springs to torque them down, but my truck squeeks like you wouldnt believe and I hate it, but I like the look of my lift more, let us know what you find out, Oh btw white lithium rocks!!!

·
Don
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it just bugs the **** outta me cuz i really dont think that the truck is suppose to be squeeking like that....the shop is re torqing it on weds...on the ground so maybe thats all it needs....im pretty sure the lift isnt suppose to sound like that tbh....wouldnt be so bad if i used my ac all summer but i like my windows down all summer...forget the ac...but its brand new lol and sounds like crap haha

·
Black Ram
157 Posts
got any pics? I am buying a 3" tomorrow. Still debating on the PA or zone... if ya have some pics would like to see

·
Kyle
469 Posts
got any pics? I am buying a 3" tomorrow. Still debating on the PA or zone... if ya have some pics would like to see
hes got a suspension lift not a body lift.

·
Don
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea its a suspension lift...i like my truck looking good and sounding good....not a point in haveing a truck look nice when they can hear that annoying noise over my flowmasters lol....

·
Respected Member
3,591 Posts
Go spray some wd -40 on some part u think it is. Then drive it. Kee repeating untill the noise goes away. Thtll narrow it down to wats makeing the noise.

Tandm, go with the zone BL. U won't regret it.

·
Respected Member
3,591 Posts
did that kit have a AAL along with a block in the rear? the AAL might be squeaking against the other leafs when compressing if thats what was installed.

·
Don
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes it is aal + a 3 inch block in the rear...I wish this zone rep here would answer some questions....but if its the prob you think it is will it settle out after it get broken in a little more????

·
Gulpin Gas Haullin ass
659 Posts
Maybe this is why the kits are so cheap, you get what you pay for? I duno I hope its something simple buddy, if its not im definitely going to spend the extra cash to get a fabtech.

·
Don
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yea ima email zone today and see what they say or call them

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
Definately the aal. Blocks don't squeak as they don't move or rub on anything. Grease is only a temporary fix because it will eventually dry up and get squeezed out. If retorquing doesn't fix it, try one of those pads that go between the leaves. I don't know where to get one, maybe the autoparts store?

·
Black Ram
157 Posts
Got one lined up here 366.00 Shipped. You had some tires for sale at one point didnt you? If so are they still for sale? Looking for some 35x12.5x20

·
Respected Member
3,591 Posts
steelchamp, if Dave hasn't replied by lunch time or so, go to there website and do the live chat thing. hes the one that does that.

try the WD-40 thing or lithium greas on the AAL's and see if that atleast muffles the noise a bit. Im betting thats what it is. when you installed yours there was now on the ground. they werent settled when you were driving it down the road for the first time and if some dirt of snow got thrown up between the AAL and the leaf pack then it could be causing a bit of rust to squeak between them now.

when i had my busted strut on my truck i would spray it once a week with wd-40 and it wouldnt squeak near as loud as if it were dry. but when it rained the water would wash all the oil away and itd squeak like hell over bumps.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well, it sounds to me that he paid someone to do his lift. I just put leafs on my truck with no noise what so ever. Like one said earlier in the post check to see if you have the little spacers between each leaf. They are about 1/32 to 1/16 inches think and about 6" long so you'll know what to look for.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.