DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Pentastar Newbie!
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm still new to my van (95 grand caravan 3.8, auto) but somehting im wondering about is, if i really lay into it, it will down shift...and then take off like a bat outta you know where...and then when it goes to up shift (like 3500 rpm) it will buck like crazy...if u drive around the city "normally" it shifts fine...should i be concerned?.....also..what should i look for in the over head console for the trip computer..mine doesnt work..same with the power "flipper" windows...any ideas?

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
That doesn't sound too good. Do you have any service records for the transmission (ie. when the fluid/filter was changed, etc.)?

The mini-van 4spd overdrive transmissions have had some troubles over the years. They have electronic solenoids that are very sensitive to fluid condition. You may want to take the van and have the transmission fluid flushed and a new filter installed. If you choose to do this, make sure the shop you take it to uses Chrysler ATF+3 or +4 fluid and nothing else. Don't let them tell you that Dexron/Mercon will work...it won't.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.