DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Us Magnum owners are supposed to be kindred spirits but I cant help but be a little disappointed. I mean seeing another Magnum is one thing...but the same color 1 block over...hmmmmmmmm. I had noticed the fact he had a Magnum before but not the color, which I thought was navy or black. I saw it drive by the other day and noticed it was an SE so I felt a smidgen better about the scenario...along with my plans on customizing...but do I wave at the guy or ignore him when we cross paths. Waving is almost out of the question due to proximity.....

Just ranting I guess...

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'd say mod your car and see what he does, I would love to have a fellow Mag owner down the way, but afraid it just insn't so. That's me of course.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I pulled into the grocery store the the second day I had mine (Magnesium) and there waiting to pull out was a lady in the black one we test drove.(relatively small town) My husband has since told me he heard who bought it and their last name sounds identical to ours but different spelling. I had a brief moment of do I wave or what so when I got right beside her she was looking the other way and then glanced at me. You could see the recognition of 'Hey another Magnum'. We both smiled knowingly and went on our way.
I understand your dilemma, the same color so close would be a little weird. Why don't you just smile or how about a head nod? Enjoy your car.

·
Registered
365 Posts
It sounds like a case of, "keepin up with the Jone's" Try to stay one step ahead of the other Magnum. What are you waiting for? Good God, man. Quick...put some new rims on or something. Don't let him one up ya.

·
Registered
679 Posts
as long as ya make your ride cooler than any other one the same color...
it's always fun! :)

Ya gotta not only wave, talk to em and hang. Magnum clubs freakin rock and there otta be more of em.
Matter of fact, there should just be one phat one worldwide.

there I go saoundin like a freakin hippie again.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Here is my opinion. Corvette (I sold my Vette to buy the Magnum)and Harley owners always acknowledge each other with a wave. Why not Magnum owners?

·
Registered
84 Posts
There aren't too many Magnums where we live, so we stand out on the road...On my way home from work last week I passed a Cool Vanilla Mag with rims and a tint job, mine's Inferno Red and tint...We both flashed our lights...Enough said ! I don't remember too many Mini Van owners doing that in the past 14 years !

You gotta be civil and give credit where credit is due...2 great minds think alike !

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah you guys are definitely right, I'll try and extend the olive branch. Part of the reason I was hesitant is because of the look I saw on his face as he drove by....somewhere between "Ugh" and "What in the :VHOT:" so hopefully that was temporary.

Mods are coming quickly and just within the next month I will have to do some quick and 'cheap' cosmetic things. First, I will get the taillights smoke, I have a guy looking for a custom grill for me, and that guy also said he'll paint my rims body color (not cheap spray job either). So if I see him I'll wave and give him the good old Texas friendly grin.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I use to be a Bike owner. (several times over)
We always waved at each other, when we met on the highway.

I use to be a Covette owner. (several times over)
We always waved at each other, when we met on the highway.

Now I try to wave at Magnum owners.
Sometimes they wave 1st.
It makes you feel good, so go ahead and wave.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Even though I ride a Harley I wave at all other bike riders out on the road. We're all in the same boat.

However....I will wave at any other Magnum driver, often before he/she waves at me, but I won't wave at Magnums that are fleet vehicles. They only drive it cause that's what the boss gave them. :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
mag owners

i have been seeing this one silver sxt in my neighborhood ,i had seen him at the gas station the other day,he was parked in front i pulled up with my freshly waxed nice new wheels,all sourts of horsepower coming out of the exhaust r/t, i get out im walking past getting ready to talk to the guy , the guy he looks past me then looks away with an attitude .to each his own.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And that's exactly what I think would happen....I'm not one who would ever ignore a fellow Magnum owner, same color or not. But, from the way he looked at my car as if he hope to make it explode just by looking at it...we'll see whenver we cross paths.

·
Registered
155 Posts
SLAPPY said:
i have been seeing this one silver sxt in my neighborhood ,i had seen him at the gas station the other day,he was parked in front i pulled up with my freshly waxed nice new wheels,all sourts of horsepower coming out of the exhaust r/t, i get out im walking past getting ready to talk to the guy , the guy he looks past me then looks away with an attitude .to each his own.
Must be envious of your R/T. :rck:

·
Registered
608 Posts
I think a "brotherhood wave" is a very respectful greeting. And, I try to wave hello every chance I get.

However, I'm having a tough time here in Northern Ca. On several occasions, I've waved and was either ignored or got a dirty look. What's the deal? It's as if I had flipped them a bird!

·
Registered
155 Posts
w5blt said:
I think a "brotherhood wave" is a very respectful greeting. And, I try to wave hello every chance I get.

However, I'm having a tough time here in Northern Ca. On several occasions, I've waved and was either ignored or got a dirty look. What's the deal? It's as if I had flipped them a bird!
Me too. It seems most of the people in my area with these are clueless. I have waved everytime and when I get closer, I realize they are not even looking at me. I wonder if it is because they are driving an SXT and I have an R/T. I know that sounds pompous, but I have no other explanation. I did see 1 R/T, but I never got to wave. I noticed he was looking though. Figures, the one guy who woulda waved, I missed.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think it all boils down to "spirit". Those of us who visit this site and others, bought this vehicle for very purposeful reasons...That's the reason we feel kindered to each other, hence a wave, or flash of the lights, etc. There are "others" that bought their Mag's as a vehicle, period. Maybe for the room, or versatility, etc. They don't intend on being part of a brotherhood, they just bought a car and that's it.

I know many who bought BMW's or MB's, $70 - $80 rides, and could care less if someone waved to them...Those of us here are infactuated with their Magnums...others are just passerby's. Wave and see what happens, I know I will..But don't take it personal...it's just a car in their opinion.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I agree with allpont. We on this site are enthusiast in regard to our Magnums. The majority of people that I noticed that didn't wave when I had my Vette were women. I think that was because they didn't want men (or maybe it was just me) thinking they were giving us a flirtatious gesture? :crazy:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.