DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
HELLA HELLA RAD RAD
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i completely killed my truck. I'm pretty sure it's hydrolock and my truck is at the dealership right now.

We were offroading where we usually go, playing in the mud, etc, and there's this one spot where it's like ground, water/mud, ground, and i usually go through it. It had rained a decent amount but it only looked maybe 2 inches deeper than normal but i completely hit it at the wrong angle. I thought it was consistently the same dept all throughout but i was really wrong. So i go it and my engine instantly just shuts off, i gave it one try to start and then i was out of the truck to get tow straps. We couldn't get it out for an hour or so since we only had one truck, but we got two trucks to pull me out. The water was probably about two inches below my door.:bawl:

The dealership said today that the engine was all locked up and that it was gonna cost some big bucks to fix. I really don't know what i should do in this situation. The truck only has 5100 miles on it. Should i just try to sell the truck as a rolling chassis if the warranty doesn't cover it?

This is shitty, but it really is entirely my fault. If i was two feet more to the right i would have made it through the hole. :tdwn:

·
HELLA HELLA RAD RAD
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would say, the truck has 5100 miles on it - and it died on me.. Time for a new truck from the dealership.
If anything, that's what I'm hoping for haha. I doubt i'll be able to get it in the same color though, the whole line of dodges were all black, white, silver, and then one electric blue. Love at first sight haha.

And DJG Hemi, I may try that, or suggest it to the dealership. I'm really not sure how to go about any of this really.

The only thing that was good about the day/night was getting five guys burgers and fries dinner for $5 and seeing my truck the same size as the flatbed that took it away.

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,989 Posts
If your trucks engine bay was flooded with mud, I'm pretty sure they'll figure out what happened. Sounds like a good time for a stroker!

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,989 Posts
Lucky break!

·
HELLA HELLA RAD RAD
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry, but I think its lame that you went out mudding, got in over your head, and are trying to stick it to the dealership.
I'm not trying to stick it to the dealership really. That's just where i sent it to get checked out and such. I know it's my fault and i know I most likely will not get any kind of break and will probably be left with a not running truck, but hey, might as well hope.

But i read about people saying to get a "real" hemi. Anyone care to elaborate?

·
Premium Member
22,962 Posts
He isn't trying to stick it to the dealership..

I think what will come out of this is they will replace your motor. That is the cheapest thing for them.

Can you explain a little better what happened? Maybe I wasn't reading it well... but you said the water was 2" below the door? You mean window? 2" below the door is not alot of water.. and in that case... the truck flat out failed.

·
HELLA HELLA RAD RAD
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He isn't trying to stick it to the dealership..

I think what will come out of this is they will replace your motor. That is the cheapest thing for them.

Can you explain a little better what happened? Maybe I wasn't reading it well... but you said the water was 2" below the door? You mean window? 2" below the door is not alot of water.. and in that case... the truck flat out failed.
Below the door, above the running board. If the water was 2" below the window i would have been flipping out haha. I like hit the water and it was just instant shut off, but i still would have had traction had it not shut off and i could have made it through. :tdwn:

·
Banned
6,990 Posts
How are you not sticking it to the dealership? You told them it just died. If you're not sticking it to them, go back and tell them it died after you ran into a big mud pit, probably splashed TONS of water up front and sucked it in through the intake.
And you said the engine was spotless, i dont know about everybody else but any truck I've seen go through a big mud pit doesnt come out spotless, so it seems to me that you're trying to cover up what you were doing.

·
Premium Member
22,962 Posts
I've done the same thing. Not sure what it is.. but is pisses me off. I had to bust through this puddle in a forest road in the snow - and I made it out thank god but the truck just died. I let it sit for like 30 seconds - it started up - missed for a little bit - threw a check engine code of misfire and then ran fine. Went to the local autozone - had them clear the CEL and it was all good. You'd think a 4x4 would be able to go through that with no problem.

I've had a lowered S10 going through water about 2" from the window. My friend John rolled down the window and started acting like he was rowing a boat! It was funny. The truck never died. I was in 1st gear going about 5mph floored..

·
HELLA HELLA RAD RAD
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How are you not sticking it to the dealership? You told them it just died. If you're not sticking it to them, go back and tell them it died after you ran into a big mud pit, probably splashed TONS of water up front and sucked it in through the intake.
And you said the engine was spotless, i dont know about everybody else but any truck I've seen go through a big mud pit doesnt come out spotless, so it seems to me that you're trying to cover up what you were doing.
Well it was definitely not any dirtier than it usually is when i don't clean it for a while. I'll just have to see how it goes.

I'm not trying to cover anything up can i have a good feeling i'm gonna end up paying, but still no one answered my question about what a real hemi is considered haha

·
HELLA HELLA RAD RAD
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've done the same thing. Not sure what it is.. but is pisses me off. I had to bust through this puddle in a forest road in the snow - and I made it out thank god but the truck just died. I let it sit for like 30 seconds - it started up - missed for a little bit - threw a check engine code of misfire and then ran fine. Went to the local autozone - had them clear the CEL and it was all good. You'd think a 4x4 would be able to go through that with no problem.

I've had a lowered S10 going through water about 2" from the window. My friend John rolled down the window and started acting like he was rowing a boat! It was funny. The truck never died. I was in 1st gear going about 5mph floored..
That's kind of ridiculous that it didnt die, what the hell?!
I think it's kind of ridiculous because I've gone through floods about the same height as the puddle and been completely fine.

·
Premium Member
22,962 Posts
I've gone through alot of mud puddles.. half the time I am surprised on how clean my compartment is..

Oh by the way - I am your service advisor. Thanks for "sticking it to me". I'll be calling you in the morning.

1 - 20 of 155 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.