DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have a Ram 2004 1500 sport slt, it came with 20" wheels. My question is, can I put smaller wheels (I.E. 17" or 18") on without interfearing with the breaks? :help:

·
Registered
167 Posts
The horse has been kicked...the brakes should be the same whether you have the 20 inchers or the 17 inchers.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Yes you can... jsut be careful as theree are some 17's that will still have clearance issues.

·
I'm Broke..
3,614 Posts
1badblkHemi said:
My question is, can I put smaller wheels (I.E. 17" or 18") on without interfearing with the breaks? :help:

Of course you can. Thats what I did. :D

·
I'm Broke..
3,614 Posts

·
All Around Great Guy
12,674 Posts
Can you fit 16's on there? I know with my steel 17's there is about a inch maybe more between the inside of the rim and the caliper. Wondered if anyone has tried mounting one to see how close it is. Some people say they have ground their calipers down, but i am not about that at all.

·
I'm Broke..
3,614 Posts
hemi1569 said:
Can you fit 16's on there? I know with my steel 17's there is about a inch maybe more between the inside of the rim and the caliper. Wondered if anyone has tried mounting one to see how close it is. Some people say they have ground their calipers down, but i am not about that at all.
Nope, won't clear the calipers.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'm running Weld Dune 5's 17x8.5 no issues for the last 2000 miles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.