DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, we just bought an '04 Caravan (not a Grand) and it has power locks but no keyless entry. (Or at least we weren't given the keyless fobs when we got the van anyway). Since it has power locks already, what do you have to do to add the keyless option? If I can buy aftermarket parts what do I ask for? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I think that all '04 caravans that had keyless had the keyfob built into the key but im not sure if you can just go buy a keyfob and program it to your vehicle, but I do know that these keys with built in keyfobs are close to 150 bucks here in canada, as far as to installing aftermarket keyless, these vans use a one wire setup for power locks which requires a couple of resistors, I have installed a couple on older caravans with the same system its fairly easy works just as good

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First I have to find out if it had a keyless option installed at the factory. I've found aftermarket kits for $50 that include two fobs. I don't think that it had keyless installed to begin with because we have actual dodge keys for the van but they don't have keyless buttons on them even though the van has power locks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just did this for our 03'. I am not sure if it will be the same but I don't see why not. I know I tried to get a pro installer to do it and they could not get the wiring diagrams to be able to do it for an 03' so I went to the dealer and ordered the Caravan FOB kit with the wiring harness for $115 from the dealer. It only took me about 30 minutes to intall and I am no kind of installation genious. Even the instructions that came with the fob kit was decent. The trick is the fact they still have to hook up their little computer from the dealership to turn it on. That cost me about $50 labor for 5 minutes of the tech punching buttons. Hope this answers your question.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.