DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a 99 Durango and i know the previous owner and she said that it has keyless entry. i don't have the key fobs, can i get a couple of used 1's and have them programed at the dealership to work on my truck?
:help:

·
It doesn't need a Hemi
462 Posts
Yes, but most dealerships charge about $60 to program them. I thought it was a rip off, since it only takes a few minutes to program one.

And congrats on the purchase of your D

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
If you do not have any fob, the dealer has to do it. If you have one fob, you can program additional ones youself.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Online Chrysler parts dealers and ebay

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Any shop with a DRBIII scan tool can program the first one for you, so you may want to call aftermarket shops as well. If they have the tool they may charge you less than the dealer-- it is a 2 minute job, 3 if you count carrying the DRBIII out to the vehicle and back. A shop is justified in charging something, it's not just labor, but also the cost of an expensive tool, $60 seems a little steep though.

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
congrats and check ebay....

·
It doesn't need a Hemi
462 Posts
If you have one fob, you can program additional ones youself.
Hey Neil,

Just proves you can always learn something. Without hyjacking the thread, how do you program additional fobs? I was told only the shop with the tool can do it. I would be interested in that info.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
I have not done it. The instructions I believe are in the owners manual.

·
^BIG D^
2,283 Posts
Hey Neil,

Just proves you can always learn something. Without hyjacking the thread, how do you program additional fobs? I was told only the shop with the tool can do it. I would be interested in that info.

Thanks
Use the following procedure to program additional key fobs.

1. Enter your vehicle and close all doors.

2. Fasten your seat belt (Fastening the seatbelt will cancel any chiming that may confuse you during this programming procedure).

3. Place the key into the ignition

4. Turn the ignition to the ON position (Do not start the engine)

5. Press and hold the UNLOCK button on the key fob.

6. After holding the UNLOCK button for four seconds, also press the PANIC button within 6 seconds.

7. Release both buttons and a single chim will be heard. The chime is an indication that you have successfully entered program mode. All fobs that are to be programmed must be done so within 30 seconds of when the chime is heard.

8 Using the fob to be programmed, press and release both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons, simultaneously.

9. A single chime will be heard.

10. Within four seconds of hearing the chime, press and release either the LOCK or UNLOCK button on the fob.

11. Repeat steps 8 threw 10 to program up to two additional fobs.

12. Your vehicle will remain in program mode for up to 30 seconds from when the original chime was heard. After 30 seconds, all programmed fobs function normally.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.