Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· ^BIG D^
2,284 Posts
If you find one for free let me know

· Registered
1,925 Posts
I think it's in the owners manual. I'll look it up in mine and post the instructions for you if you already have at least one keyfob programmed and working. Do you?

If not, then you'd need a DRBIII (dealer scan tool) to program the first fob.

· Registered
12 Posts
The following procedure worked for me but I had a factory remote from the D that alrerady worked. I used this to program a second remote.

Use the following procedure to program additional key fobs.

1. Enter your vehicle and close all doors.

2. Fasten your seat belt (Fastening the seatbelt will cancel any chiming that may confuse you during this programming procedure).

3. Place the key into the ignition

4. Turn the ignition to the ON position (Do not start the engine)

5. Press and hold the UNLOCK button on the key fob.

6. After holding the UNLOCK button for four seconds, also press the PANIC button within 6 seconds.

7. Release both buttons and a single chim will be heard. The chime is an indication that you have successfully entered program mode. All fobs that are to be programmed must be done so within 30 seconds of when the chime is heard.

8 Using the fob to be programmed, press and release both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons, simultaneously.

9. A single chime will be heard.

10. Within four seconds of hearing the chime, press and release either the LOCK or UNLOCK button on the fob.

11. Repeat steps 8 threw 10 to program up to two additional fobs.

12. Your vehicle will remain in program mode for up to 30 seconds from when the original chime was heard. After 30 seconds, all programmed fobs function normally.

· ^BIG D^
2,284 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
qtipextra said:
Im in the same position as you. I lost my only key fob left, so I have none. I think we will have to go to a dealer, which bites. I wonder how much they would charge?

Ya, haha..

i didn't lose mine, it just didn't come with one when i bought it

i emailed a guy from a local dodge dealership, they said "The part is $50.99 plus tax with a $20.00 programming charge."

sooo, ya, that could be the same for a dealer around you, or different..obviously

· Registered
1,925 Posts
DodgeD 98 said:
Ya, haha..

i didn't lose mine, it just didn't come with one when i bought it
Did your D come with remote entry when it was new? You may have another problem if it doesn't have the "highline" CTM that supports remote entry.

· ^BIG D^
2,284 Posts
That one site that you linked to, http://www.keylessride.com, at the main page, on the left, you can enter your VIN and it will look that up for you, and tell you if you have that or not.

I also emailed them to see how much they charge for programming, as I have a local site in my area. I have no response yet.

· '00 Dango
267 Posts
Recently saw a keyring of the new D. I had the Key/remote combo in one. Anyone know if this combo remote will work on ours?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.