DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
You can add it -- I did to my 2002, you have to take the dash apart and get behind the instrument panel to plug in the module -- probably overall a 1/2 hour job. You can get the system off ebay like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DODG...hZ019QQitemZ8030948836QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

When I bought mine, I found one that was pre-programmed so I didn't have to see the dealer. Make sure what you buy is an oem system - other ones will not be as easy to install.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The dash comes apart pretty easily -- I don't remember the exact details, but you have to start with the trim around the radio area -- there is one screw by the hanger on the passenger side then this whole piece can be snapped out. Then I think you take off the trim around the IP (maybe two screws above the IP?) Then you take the IP out (I don't remember how many screws). Then you just plug the module into the back of it. I think I found the directions on this site.

I think it would depend on your dealer for how much that would cost if anything. I think it is a pretty quick job, but I never had it done.

I bought mine from the seller of this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270014121783&category=33723
Maybe if you get in touch with them, they have more. They don't have any for sale right now, but I know they've sold a few of them and they all come preprogrammed.

·
4x4, Straight pipe roar!
2,538 Posts
any idea if this can be done to a 2nd gen truck?

·
1 TIM 6:12 Fight RIGHT!!
2,160 Posts
bob_heald said:
You can add it -- I did to my 2002, you have to take the dash apart and get behind the instrument panel to plug in the module -- probably overall a 1/2 hour job. You can get the system off ebay like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DODG...hZ019QQitemZ8030948836QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

When I bought mine, I found one that was pre-programmed so I didn't have to see the dealer. Make sure what you buy is an oem system - other ones will not be as easy to install.
OR you can have an autostart installed and just get the keyless entry option with it. I too have 2002 with auto locks and no keyless entry. Hey, if you need any OEM key fob door opener things I have 2 of them that I got BEFORE I figured out my truck didn't have the module in it!! I"ll let you have them CHEAP!~!~

·
LSU
1,286 Posts
On my 03 i had power locks and windows but no alarm or keyless entry. I got a viper system, love it. reaches far as hell and i got the remote start option put on too. check it out it is better than the stock keypad and stock alarm. on the stock alarm it beeps the horn and flashes the lights, with the viper is has a multi tone alarm and shock sensors and if the alarm is goin off you cant start it . but i dont know if you are lookin for an alarm. rams are pretty easy to steal my friend had his stolen and all they did was jam a screw driver in the door to get in and then jamed it in the key hole on the stearning colum and started it right up.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Mine came with remote opening but only one fob so I bought a module with two fobs from that guy. It was cheaper to have it posted here & its only a 1/2 hr install as stated than buy one & get the dealer to program it (if they can) they were not sure about it !!!

Martin

·
Registered
113 Posts
For about 1/2 of what my dealer wanted to install an OEM unit, I got a keyless/remote start unit installed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.