DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Itknow the deal with them; promises ,promises. But if you look on their website they have updated it and it seems they are still working on the 5.7 because now it is going to get one ob their 2.6L big bore superchargers. Who knows, just found that interesting

·
Registered
231 Posts
It definitely don't look to promising. I've been looking since I got my truck and its still the same ol' BS. Calibration difficulties. I would just include a preprogrammed SMT-7 tuner. I don't think their to worried about it or they would find a way to get it out there. :WHT:

·
Registered
89 Posts
why don't they just include a piggyback and get it on the market? At least they would be selling some. and maybe use some of that money to hire somebody that can crack the nazi computer.

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
hemiram_05 said:
why don't they just include a piggyback and get it on the market? At least they would be selling some. and maybe use some of that money to hire somebody that can crack the nazi computer.
Because Kenne Bell doesn't release something unless it's damn near perfect, and then they constantly are making upgrades/changes to improve they're product.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am looking for a fixed displacement S/C for a 4.7L 1500, is the KenneBell the only game in town? I would rather have an Eaton for this application, daily driver. I have an SRM [twin screw]on my OTD sports car, and it is awesome but I am aware that they will not live as long as an Eaton. Don't want a centrifical, need the power lower than that.

Thanks, Larry

·
I am Sean Connery...
4,789 Posts
what about the Hemi?

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
well than tell those super duper people to make one for us!!!!!!1

·
Registered
724 Posts
The GSM supercharger uses a Paxton SC....it is a centrifugal unit though.

The KB will be a very nice setup if/when they finally get it into production, which I don't think is very high on thier priority list.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had a centrifugal, its not what I want for this truck. I'd rather have a turbo than a centrifugal. I emailed KB, but have not gotten a response yet, bad sign. Will call when I get a chance.

Larry

·
Registered
724 Posts
You'll get the generic "cookie cutter" response from them that everyone else has I am sure.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Ive got some bad news for you guys. I just got off the phone with 2 Kenne Bell techs (they must have been bored because I started asking questions and they put me on speakerphone so that both could talk)and they said not to except anything for awhile, if at all. They specifically said that the computer is not a user friendly system. They crack one minor thing and something else trips a major code. They said that as much potential that the Hemi has they dont want to spend anymore uneventful time tooling it. I asked them about DC and they said that they are the most uncooperative company they have ever dealt with in terms of getting assistance. They said that most of the info that they got from them was by accident (whateve that means). They are fully aware of the use of aftermarket controllers to tweak the CPU but will not release any piggy back kits for the Hemi do to warranty issues with DC and KB. I asked about any other DC vehicles (specfically the SRT lines) and the said that they may trash any ideas of the 3rd gen. vehicle kits if the Ram falls through. This falls back to DC and there unwillingness to give them any support, which he said they do pay for.

Ive spoken to them a couple times before in the past about the RAM and about my Blowzilla superchager I had on my Lightning and this was the most info I ever got in one sitting. Maybe because I called after lunch and they werent ready to get back to work (if they do work). I cant complain because I called them from work as well.

Anyways Im bummed because I loved what they did to my Lightning and to think they could do better to my Hemi... Damn.

Just thought everyone would be interested in this. I do hate to rain on yalls parade. Most of us expected this though. But why do they update the info on there site is beyond me.

db

·
Registered
378 Posts
This may be the only reason I get that cheby Blazer SS. They do have a pretty awesome sounding kit for that.

I know, I must be high or something. Did I actually just say that.

·
MrDestinE
664 Posts
Another fine example of DCX shooting themselves in the foot...... how long to they think those commercials are going to work........

TJ

·
Registered
476 Posts
Anyone live near KB? With a superchips? I made the suggestion on the Superchips forums, since they want to offer custom tunes, why not work with KB, and get it working, and offer a custom tune..

Just an idea.

·
Registered
378 Posts
They are extremly confused over there at KB about this whole DC thing. Get this, I emailed KB an hour before lunch about the Hemi supercharger and then called them after lunch to get a better "uncanned" response. You guys just read what was discussed during the call. Now I get a response from the email that follows.

We are still working on this kit and we do not have a release date yet. Best bet would be to keep checking the web site for more updates. Yes the kit should still work on a 05 model. The price should be $4999.00

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2006 10:50 AM
Subject: Dodge Ram Hemi

I noticed the information for the Dodge Ram Hemi has been updated. Has there been any advancement in the release of a supercharger for this vehicle? Will it still be 2005 compatible? Has a price been established?

Thank you,

Everyone there seems to have their own ideas of the future for the Hemi supercharger and the own way of answering questions. :help:

I'm thinking it aint ever gonna happen. So much for KB.

db

·
Registered
378 Posts
It wasnt actually the Lightning, It was the Harley Davidson F150 supercharged supercrew. Its pretty much the lightning with an awesome factory interior upgrade.
Why did I get rid of it? I got into a little accident (tore most of the front end off and siezed the engine all up). Insurance didnt want to total it so they fixed it and I traded it in for a POS that I dont want to even say. It was loaded to the max, but it still sucked. A Chevy Impala SS. I walked away with the car and a couple thousand dollars to spare. The owner of Jon Hall Chevy actually bought it for himself I found out when I went back to the dealership to get tints put on. I could only deal with the Impala for a couple months before I got the Dodge. Here a picture of the accident. Thats messed up front end is the second one I had to put on that truck. The other one was from when I hit a recycle bin full of dried up bags of cement at about 40 mph at 5am on the way to work. That time I thought I was going to die.

db

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.