DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran across a 2nd hand KORE Chase Anti-Sway Bar Kit for sale. If and when I get a KORE setup, was curious about this...

Why is this no longer produced?

What was the price new?

Comparisons to stock/Comparisons to Race version.

Thanks.

· Registered
1,624 Posts
if im correct they went to a newer sway bar....

im running it on my truck and its more like a torsion bar with big arms on it...not sure if this is the main reason they canned that one or not...

jeremy @ drc has the first production of it..its a black one that we found out is longer than the current production one...

i think to save on costs they want to have one sway bar instead of having several on the shelf...

· Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jee-zus. You have a sweet truck, Chuck. You oughta just remove the body so the 'business' can be admired from the feet!

That looks like the Race, not Chase sway bar... right? (wasn't sure from your response)

Thanks!

· Registered
1,624 Posts
thats actually zzyzx's truck, but mine looks just like it...

in all honesty i dont even keep up with what kore names there newer products..lol

i think its just there current and only sway bar, but i could be wrong. and i believe its called a race sway bar.

· Registered
1,624 Posts
yep you got it...that black one has been discontinued...the style hasnt as you can tell by my photo, but as i was saying earlier the black one is actually longer than mine, which helps clears for your resivours to mount vertical....

kore is always changing things around as they go along..

it could be a droop issue meaning the chase sway bar was limiting down travel...i guess we will have to wait and see...

· Registered
128 Posts
We liked the performance of the splined shaft bar better than the bent oem style bar. Differences between performance and production cost of each type, didn't justify producing both. Just product evolution. With that being said, both work better than an oem bar for a more supple feel on and off road.

KP

· Registered
217 Posts
I was testing out the anti-sway bar today out near Boulder City, NV. I had the driver side of the truck up on the edge of the dirt road, and the passenger side was eating up 2 - 3 foot tall whoops so I was getting a lot of side to side articulation.
Some of the bounces were enough to remove your sunglasses from your head.

Then on the highway, I was taking turns on the highway at 65mph when the sign said to take them at 45. The truck lays flat.

The black splined one sure does look nice.

· Registered
68 Posts
I have used both sway bars on my own personal truck. The Race series definately performs much better and offers awesome control and handling characteristics. Well worth the extra $!

Steve...I noticed your road sign just south of Primm on our way down to the 1000! I immediately thought of you when I saw it!!

· Registered
1,624 Posts
its actually a pretty famous road...a movie came out about it..lol

· Registered
217 Posts
Right on. I saw a preview for that movie. It looked real low budget.
The movie would have been better if they had researched the real legends of the area. Hell, the dry lake next to the area is called the Devil's Playground.

The area is real rough to wheel in. Volcanic rock is tough on the tires. Few people head out that way.

I attached a photo from the Blue Bell Mines facing south back towards I-15 and the Devil's Playground (Soda Lake.)
If I could afford to do so, I'd build a house right there.

-Steve

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.