DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I am so confused I have changed my mind on this subject about 5or6 times. I just recently bought a 01cummins quadcab longbed. I still have my 96v10 regcab long. Well if I sell the v10 I can buy a lift and tires for my 01. And then a LS frnt and reat. Since it doesnt have it. Wich this truck would look totaly awsome. Im one of those people that doesnt balieve in buying a truck and not using it. However I couldnt abuse it as hard as I can my 96.(dont want the paint totaly F'd up) It has a few dents also. So im wonderin if i should sell the v10. Or keep it and use it as a project. And save money for it and put in lockers,lift,etc on it instead. Please try and help im tired of thinking about this:)

Attachments

·
I disgaree...:)
2,032 Posts
2 is usually better than 1, but I say SELL IT! :cool:

·
Registered
82 Posts
i'm gonna have to side with harely72, i say keep it so you aren't tempted to trash the ctd... also i'm guessing you probably won't get what you've put into the 96, i say keep them both.

·
Night Rider
646 Posts
Keep it, you won't get your money out of it anyways, use it as a toy. I drive a 1997 Chevy Cavalier on a daily basis and my truck maybe 100-150 miles a week tops. I beat my truck in the mud (which soon enough that will be over) but I always have a backup ride for when I need to get somewhere. Mud destroys vehicles and they are hard to be daily drivers, especially when you commute 45 mins everyday.

-Pat-

·
Registered
199 Posts
Takes money to maintain 2- trucks. IE Insurance, maintenance etc. You want the "good" truck standin tall=money. You want the toy capable=mo money.
I wish I still had an old Jeep from years gone by (no.. I ain't countin). But I could not afford to at the time.
So if ya got the money..keep 'em if not....... :violen:

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
I actually hope i can get a good enough job, so when i get a new vehicle i wont have to sell what i was driving.. i dont want to sell any of my vehicles.. but if i was in your position, i would definately keep it, wouldn't wanna destroy my new truck messing around.

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
Id keep it. Its costs a ton of cash to keep up a wheeling rig and trying to keep it as a daily driver. Been there done that. Its cheaper to have 2 trucks. So when the wheeling on breaks an expensive part(and it will) you dont have to fix it asap. Thats why I bought my 05 CTD. Its cheaper than trying to keep my other Ram for wheeling and a DD

·
Bushwacker!
2,787 Posts
i hear ya v10sport. these past couple years have been hard on my pickup.

mike

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
v10sport said:
Thats why I bought my 05 CTD. Its cheaper than trying to keep my other Ram for wheeling and a DD
You did? I didn't know that... what'd you end up with?

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
Ive had it a few already. Getting ready to bomb it. Great power but its way slow. Its pulls the other truck without issue. Its also the 610 ft CTD.

Attachments

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Well damn, pop on into the 3G Diesel section... let's get you hooked up. :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sweet. My boss also just bougth a 610 CTD. Those things are torquey. But yeah Im going to try my best to keep it now. I just creamed teh good fender and put a dent in the bed. I decided I could go where some jeeps and a 4runner could. I got to hit OHV trails today was awsome. Ill post some pics. Oh and chipped a bolt headon my front dif cover half off. I wouldent recomend anyone over the size of a jeep going through there. I was going to put on the 4.5 this weekend makeing a total of 7" of lift:). But if you want to hear that long story go to general talk. I had tons of fun though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.