DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to adjust the headlights down? I had a leveling kit installed and now everyone high beams me. It's really starting to piss me off lately. I'm ready to line 6 HID across the top of my cab. Next guy that hits the high beams and holds them on WILL SEE GOD at the flick of a switch. I don't want to pay dealer prices, can I do it myself?

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
yes,there is a little star hex bolt you can turn right next to the 10mm bolts holding the headlight in its place when you open the grille.If you can't find it ill take a pic.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
haha i know the feeling man it sucks tractor trailers flash there high beams at me all the time haha

·
Got 2 Hemis
5,042 Posts
Small changes in those adjustment screws, I would think. Apparently, no one does this commercially any more. The service manual shows how to do it, but it sure looks complicated. Offhand, I can't think of any place that meets the requirements of the manual. The parking lot of our favorite eatery seems likely, but would probably look strange. All the patrons on the patio wondering, "What is this guy up to?"

·
Coolest Ram Club in FL
4,295 Posts
yea i have 4 hids and people hate me....and when we did a lift kit on schawks73 the ride back to his place was great every car was flashing us cause we didnt adjust he lights to get home....u could see people squinting as we got alot closer and closer was quite funny

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
Adjusting your headlights down is very easy, just pull up perpindicular with a big flat wall or garage door and stay about 5 feet from the wall/door, adjust them down until the top of the beam of light moves about 2 inches and that should be good... If not you can always readjust them.

·
Registered
563 Posts
07RAMMIN said:
Anyone know how to adjust the headlights down? I had a leveling kit installed and now everyone high beams me. It's really starting to piss me off lately. I'm ready to line 6 HID across the top of my cab. Next guy that hits the high beams and holds them on WILL SEE GOD at the flick of a switch. I don't want to pay dealer prices, can I do it myself?

Maybe instead of being pissed off at them you should be
pissed off at yourself for not being able for no being able
to set your truck up right.
You'd probably be annoyed too if you were just trying to
get your family home safe and some butthead with more
money than brains came by blinding everyone on the
road.

All it takes if a piece of cardboard with a line drawn on it,
a hex wrench and five minutes to make your truck safe to
be on the road. ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
personally id give them the "Let there be light" by lining the front bumper as well as the cab with HID's or you could really piss them off and put them on a strobe controler and let them know the aliens are coming.

·
Registered
13,484 Posts
You blind other people and get pissed at them? Keep your truck in roadworthy order and other people don't get blinded! Just my 0.02$ What goes around comes around.

·
Milo
1,426 Posts
LittleBull said:
Maybe instead of being pissed off at them you should be
pissed off at yourself for not being able for no being able
to set your truck up right.
You'd probably be annoyed too if you were just trying to
get your family home safe and some butthead with more
money than brains came by blinding everyone on the
road.

All it takes if a piece of cardboard with a line drawn on it,
a hex wrench and five minutes to make your truck safe to
be on the road. ;)
X2 I put a kit in my truck, right in the instructions " Headlights will need to be adjusted " why would you take a chance of hurting a family just trying to get home.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Seems like a lot of alligator mouths with hummingbird azzes love to pizz people off.

I guess the big lights makes them (or the wannahave big lights) feel big or something.

One day, one of them will do that to the wrong person and come on here and cry.

Putting other drivers in danger is not cool. I did some stupid crap when I was young and young and dumb, but I learned early.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Next guy that hits the high beams and holds them on WILL SEE GOD at the flick of a switch.
Haha That made me laugh.

I'd rather see a truck like this coming at me with poorly aimed lights than one of those BMW, Saab, or other higher end cars with their new, natural-light, blind everything in front of it headlights.

·
Hemi 4x4/Challenger T/A
1,485 Posts
Bottom line is that it's quite juvenile, inconsiderate/rude, not to mention DANGEROUS, to blind oncoming traffic.
I don't want someone coming right at me not being able to see properly, because heck, they might wind up in my grille.

Joking or not, that's not the proper way to go thru life....and some of us take that crap personally.

·
Milo
1,426 Posts
This thread started out with a good question about safety. Then with South fast, what a shame.

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
07HEMI said:
This thread started out with a good question about safety. Then with South fast, what a shame.
Agrees, he didn't even install HID, they are just his basic halogen lights.but meh...

·
1,965 Posts
Just hold the beam high beam inbetween where your brights stay on and your fogs it so bright!! makes people turn there brights off when they bright light me and i don't even have mine on. and i agree with whomever said those white light or natual lights those blind me..

·
Registered
221 Posts
Its not the question about how to adjust the headlights that made the thread go south, its the juvenile attitude "screw em I'll just blind everybody if they don't like it" that sent it south.

·
Milo
1,426 Posts
In the first thread how do I adjust my lights ? Then in the same thread " WILL SEE GOD" You should not do a mod if you can't have it safe for the road. Then turn it around to it's there fault they can't see :pissmonke

·
Registered
242 Posts
Well, let's keep in mind that if you show me the "light of God" after I flash you, you can expect to be pulled over and ticketed. And, there's a whole lot more like me out there, if you catch my drift. I like to be able to see also. Lot's of deer on the roads here that I want to see before I hit. But do it legally, or you will feel the "wrath of god" in fines. Just a thought...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.