DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I sold my 4 Hella Black Magics, i ordered 4 130w KC Hiliters (model 631 n 634) for my lightbar behind the grill on my 08 1500(1 set driving/1 set long range). As Im waiting for them to arrive Im thinking one might be a tight fit if it even fits. I have ALZHEMIS 4 tab bar and im afraid the driver side inside tab is going to be a tight fit. There is that a/c line or whatever line it is that seems like it might get in way. ALZHEMI has 4 summit lights on his in his gallery that look to be about same size of KC's but im not sure if they are same size. Anyone out there with 4 KCs out there that can chime in? I searched and found many with 4 hellas or 2 KCs but not 4 KC's. Thanks. If they dont fit, guess ill have some kc's for sale (lol) cause i dont want to pay a 15% restock fee where i ordered them.
Dave

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Did you order the regular Daylighters, or the slim line daylighters? The regular ones may give you some trouble back there because they are kinda deep.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are the deep ones. The diagram on KCs website shows that most of the light is in front of the mounting stud. Maybe only 2 inches max behind that stud. There looks to be plenty of room in front of the bar but that one light might be tough.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I'll be interested in seeing how these fit, because I'm about ready to dump the Hella's.

·
Site Administrator
22,963 Posts
The deeper bowl, the BETTER the light output. That is why those Hella Slims SUCK for light. I think I have a lighter that puts out more light!

I had 2 KCs on my 1500. Only problem you are going to have is the grill is gonna distort some of the light output on the long range lights.

Hope they fit. If not, maybe just stick to the 2 driving lights. Or have someone fab up a bracket to allow more space.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the KCs last night and test fit them. They do fit!! The driver side inside light is the closest but the back of the lights clears the plastic shroud by 1/2 inch or so. Too cold to install so Ill probably install this weekend. Will post pics. So to sum it up.....those that have a 4 tab bar from Alzhemi....4 full size daylighters WILL fit.
Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.