DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Swamp Yankee
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ran a KBB Trade In Value on our Durango's lately? Mine is an 04' SLT 4.7L 4X4 in mint cond. with 60K and the trade in comes up at $10,000! OMG....I am still flipped WAY over on this thing.... Anyone else in the same boat????? :VHOT:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Hehe pretty much all of us are in the same boat.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'd be lucky to get $25K private party for our 2006 D Limited 2X4 (loaded) which we paid $32K for plus tax/license 11 months ago. If we get an RV instead of a trailer like we planned, the Durango will be superfluous and we'll try to jump the sinking ship before it reaches negative resale value.

Dodge (poor long term reliability image) + gas hog (Hemi) = "thank you sir, may I have another?" resale. I guess I knew that when we bought ours, but it still hurts.

·
Registered
198 Posts
It does stink. This is the worst of any vehicle I've ever owned. We'll keep it until it's paid off to get out from under it rather than eat a huge upside down on a trade-in.

·
Registered
838 Posts
:thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny

·
Registered
410 Posts
I just sold my 2004 Limited AWD last week whick stickered for $39,000 new for $17,000. The 2nd gen D's just don't hold their value. I ended up buying an loaded Acura TSX which I know will hold it's value and run forever.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I have to say it was not one of my brighter decisions.
Lick the wounds and soldier on. Not much else you can do. Money over the dam.
I will prolly hold onto it until it is sagging in the middle, because otherwise you *will* lose you heiny getting rid of it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
It's not as much the Dodge Durango as it is the fact that it is a SUV. The market has fallen out and the SUV is flooded in all markets. Don't dog the Dodge. All american SUV's fall into the same type of issue.

·
Registered
198 Posts
It's not as much the Dodge Durango as it is the fact that it is a SUV.
No, it's the D.

I looked up the blue book trade-in value for my 2004 Durango Limited and an equally equipped 2004 Tahoe and here's what I found.

Tahoe $23,275

Durango $16,700

That's a huge difference.

·
Registered
410 Posts
The D has the worst trade in value and resale of all American SUV's. Just look at Carmax or Autotrader. Chevy, GMC and Ford although not great resale numbers still hold their value better than the D. That said, I'm not dogging the D, I really liked mine but just didn't need two SUV's in the family anymore.

·
Registered
587 Posts
The Tahoe was much more expensive than my Durango when I bought it in 2004. The MSRP on my 2004 Hemi 4x4 SLT Durango was 33K but I only paid 24K after all rebates etc. The private party resale value is listed at about 15K which is not bad at all to me.

I think many people paid WAY too much for their Durango's and are then attempting to set the current value based on trade in which is about the worst way. Sell it privately for far more.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
mileshuff said:
The Tahoe was much more expensive than my Durango when I bought it in 2004. The MSRP on my 2004 Hemi 4x4 SLT Durango was 33K but I only paid 24K after all rebates etc. The private party resale value is listed at about 15K which is not bad at all to me.

I think many people paid WAY too much for their Durango's and are then attempting to set the current value based on trade in which is about the worst way. Sell it privately for far more.
I agree. I bought my '04 new after the '05's were out. I got a great deal with the discounts and rebates. Rebates hurt resale value. If you like to buy a "new" car every 3-4 years you are always going to get caught on the wrong side of depreciation. I plan on keeping mine for at least 7 when the warranty runs out. If it is still reliable after that I may keep it longer.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I found this out recently also. The Nissan Armada held its value pretty good looking on Carmax.com.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Gone2 said:
I found this out recently also. The Nissan Armada held its value pretty good looking on Carmax.com.
absolutely. Foreign truck.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Eventhough the Armada's came in dead last for full size SUV reliability.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Gone2 said:
Even though the Armada's came in dead last for full size SUV reliability.
Yeah that's right. If anyone thinks we have trouble with our Dodges and Nissan's are better you should go read the Armada forums.

Nissan Armada Problems/Solutions

Reality has nothing to do with it, it is all perception.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I plan on keeping my D for a long time. In about 2 years I will get some kind of fancy import and retire the D for Home Depot duites and limo duty. When I went in early 2004 looking for an SUV the D was 27k-up,Tahoe 33k-up and Armada 37k-up est for all plus more or less equivialent model. I thought the D drove the best on the road plus was the best bang for the buck with rebates and all 29k out the door. Cars are not investments only if they are Classics or rare models like the ones sold at BJ auction house.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.