DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody help me? I have a 2003 dodge durango with a 4.7. I ordered a K&N FIPK and tried installing it last night but found a sensor in the stock air box. How do i put the sensor on the K&N FIPK tube?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Where abouts is this sensor. I don't know of any sensors upstream of the TB.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The sensor is located right in front of the throttle body where the air box connects. The sensor is located in the box.

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
there should be a provision to install it in the FIPK if it's the appropriate model for your vehicle. Did someone relocate the IAT before you bought your truck?

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Is it actually a K&N or a cheap POS with a K&N filter on it?

·
BigSLIMM
209 Posts
Be good if you can supply of photo of what you are referring to.

·
Registered
518 Posts
That doesn't make any sense, I've pulled apart my Air box, which is in the Fender area not near the TB, and the Intake Hose dozens of times and I've never run into any sensors in that area. There are a couple in the TB such as the IAC sensor and the TPS, but nothing before that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
the sensor is the intake air sensor and it was relocated to that spot in 2002. in the instuctions to the filter pack ti tells you to drill a hole in the tube and in stall the supplied gromet in to the tube and the sensor is installed there. if you did not get the insturctions go to k&n's web site they provide them

·
Registered
518 Posts
mitch_jd said:
the sensor is the intake air sensor and it was relocated to that spot in 2002. in the instuctions to the filter pack ti tells you to drill a hole in the tube and in stall the supplied gromet in to the tube and the sensor is installed there. if you did not get the insturctions go to k&n's web site they provide them
That would explain why I had never seen it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.