DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone here using this filter? its a big cube type filter. Im gonna stick with my swiss cheesed airbox / gutted torque tube combo, but am thinking of running a stock type paper filter for daily driving and using the k&N at the track (once a month). what would be the Hp/tq limit of the modded airbox?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I was looking at AFE'S web site the other day they have a super stock kit, for those guys that dont want to change over there box's. Pretty much its the AFE torque tube and a drop in filter. But it gives you CFM stats over the stock, it did not look to bad. Im thinking about doing the same since I allready installed the afe drop in filter.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don't have a dog in the hunt so use what you want but here's what I have learned the last 10 years of diesel performance.

The K&N has limits for diesel applications. Most do not like them because a diesel ingests much more air more quickly and they can allow dirt to pass through. Some will say if properly oiled there's no problem with them. Personally I don't trust K&N on diesels properly oiled or not.

Reviews on the amsoil nano air filter on other websites is not so good after the filter has been run for awhile. Plugs faster and after cleaning still don't flow well. Just what I have heard, no experience involved from me on this one.

Just giving comments on what I know/seen/read so take it for what it's worth.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am running the K&N drop in on my 6.7 Cummins. No issues as of yet. It has about 20,000 KMs on it. I also ran an AFE for a while but found that it caused excessive Turbo whistle when pulling our travel trailer on the highway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.