DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
http://harmswayonline.com
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the time being I need to get a new air filter. What K&N filter is for the 04 hemi? And will a new drop in K&n filter do anything for me. Regardless i need a new filter. I was just wondering if the k&n would help in anyway.

·
Registered
584 Posts
when i first got my truck i put in a kn filter and noticed about .5-1mpg increase, so it was worth it to buy it. dont expect any performance gain or anything, just a little better gas mileage. part number is 33-2247.

·
http://harmswayonline.com
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that part # I just went and bought it.! Well see how the drop in will do..

·
Founder, Jus Cuz Designs
816 Posts
Not sure how it'll do on the hemi, but it made a noticable difference in mileage an power on my 318

·
Registered
584 Posts
Harms Way said:
Thanks for that part # I just went and bought it.! Well see how the drop in will do..
no problem

·
Banned
2,489 Posts
Harms Way said:
For the time being I need to get a new air filter. What K&N filter is for the 04 hemi? And will a new drop in K&n filter do anything for me. Regardless i need a new filter. I was just wondering if the k&n would help in anyway.
Who has the best price for the K&N drop in filter for a 2002-2005 Ram?

·
--> UNITY <--
2,417 Posts
just got mine recently, keep a close eye on eBay for cheap ones, I would just search in eBay motor for "2247". Yet they get bid on alot, and prices rise high, I grabbed one that was just put on brand new in bow for a buy it now - $26 + $8 ship = $34 = A STEAL!!!!!!!

I have noticed a slight gain too, but my paper filter was really dirty, and I also added the PowerWire at the same time, NOW just for a homebrew CAI some day when i'm not feeling lazy.......

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I'm not a fan of K&N type filters at all. NASCAR used to use them but went back to dry filters after several engines were lost due to tiny clumps of oiled dirt broke free of the filter, galled cylinder walls and lead to engine failure. I use paper filters in my vehicles. Any company that hides behind the Magnuson-Moss act with their warranty covering nothing but the filter element won't get my business. But I realize here and in most circles of car a truck fans, I hold a very unpopular opinion. So now that you have a oiled gauze filter in your truck, DO NOT over oil it. You'll cause probelms with your sensors and can also have problems like NASCAR did. Yeah I know... a lot of people have had them for eons with no trouble. They're not approved by the manufacturers and that's the first step toward warranty denial if it does cause a problem. Just be careful with them, don't over oil, and make sure they seal around the air box.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.