DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
No rest for the Wicked
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a single in dual out on my truck with a magnaflow y. I was pretty happy with that, but I am about to put some bbk shorty headers on this week and decided to go with a round magnaflow 4x14 muffler instead. I just got it put on today, I like the sound of it alot but I feel like I have lost alot of low end and maybe gained very little top end. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
did you reset the computer after the change so it can learn the new setup? if not do that and put some miles on it to see how it feels.

·
No rest for the Wicked
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I reset it right after, oh well just ordered some 4.10's that should get me straightened out, maybe.

·
Registered
762 Posts
With the new muffler, you are flowing much more air. It may have lost a little low end, but the ECU will make up some of it after a while.

With the increased flow, you leaned it out at certain RPM points. The ECU will help in some areas, but its range to adjust is very small. If you were able to re-tune for the lean spots, you would see an increase in power in those areas, not a loss.

What you did is a +, but in order to get the most out of it, you will need to retune. Sort of like putting on headers on an old car and not rejetting the carb.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.