DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
MOPAR OR NO CAR
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guess it just started with a couple ideas. Keep in minds it's my daughters truck where more bling makes it cool.

First thing we definitely had to upgrade the head unit. While the dash was apart I wired up some LEDs in the A/C vents.

Mad skills took over on the headliner,,,lol. Actually never done one before just jumped into it. There is a tray above the visor for a red LED strip. Still waiting for it to come it. Supposed to be flames up there.

Below those amps are 2 12" RE Audio subs each is a separate ported enclosure. The 2 amps are mono blocks each running a sub. Ya it's pretty sick!

Here's where it gets a little crazy. Last week to got more hours clocked on the installation then I spent at work.

Here is a night shot with the LEDs. I added LEDs to the inside of the amps. They have some cool vents on the cover that were dieing to be lit up. Also I added some LED pots to the pots.

This weekend I'm hoping to finish up. I'm wanting to flush mount the amps. Mainly to hide all the wiring. I've been playing around with that mod for adding halos to headlight using a clear plastic rod only I'm doing a cursive L (Lauren) to put between the amps,,,errrrr more LEDs.

Work in progress!!!...

·
Texas RAM Dude
3,643 Posts
Dayum! That is your daughter's truck? Can you adopt me?

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
you do good work. looks awesome

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
looks like your daughter will be showing up some boys at her school that think their stereo is the shit. any exterior pics?

·
'11 5.7L R/T Classic
4,095 Posts
Sweet ass. And a decent sub system there too. Too much money to spend on someone elses truck though. :tdwn:

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Sweet ass. And a decent sub system there too. Too much money to spend on someone elses truck though. :tdwn:

RE Audio's are well above a decent sub line. To the OP, what series subs do you have?

·
MOPAR OR NO CAR
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ended up with SR series subs. Originally I bought the RE series there bottom of the bucket subs,,,,their toys! The REs weigh in at 7lbs a sub and the SRs are 15.5 each definitely twice the sub. I'm really linking these subs they require really small boxes. I actually built to setups. The 12" SRs preform amazingly in a .5 cube sealed box. I built a seal and ported enclosure (enclosure being 1.25 cubes at 35Hz) the ported enclosure just feels wild. Really when comparing the 2 enclosures the actual sound of the bass was amazingly the same, but the ported felt 10 times bigger. My biggest concern with the ported enclosure was loosing tight bass,,, not the case it slams!

·
Senór Member
17,169 Posts
sounds very cool:tup:

can't see the pics cause i'm at school, but will look later:SPIN:

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
awesome work man!!!

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts
Wow- that looks great!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Very nice ...... :tup: .. :tup:

:drivingz:

·
'11 5.7L R/T Classic
4,095 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Awesome job. Keep up the good work.:tup:

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
Not really my flavor but, you did a good job.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Ended up with SR series subs. Originally I bought the RE series there bottom of the bucket subs,,,,their toys! The REs weigh in at 7lbs a sub and the SRs are 15.5 each definitely twice the sub. I'm really linking these subs they require really small boxes. I actually built to setups. The 12" SRs preform amazingly in a .5 cube sealed box. I built a seal and ported enclosure (enclosure being 1.25 cubes at 35Hz) the ported enclosure just feels wild. Really when comparing the 2 enclosures the actual sound of the bass was amazingly the same, but the ported felt 10 times bigger. My biggest concern with the ported enclosure was loosing tight bass,,, not the case it slams!

Yup, there's a big misconception about ported boxes being sloppy. I ran 15's in my quad cab and that setup was tight and could keep up with any music I threw at it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.