DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came on here to do some research for a friend, just pokin' around. I'm not a Dodge owner but I'm not a brand loyal, other brand bashin' a-hole. If it's a truck, I like it. They all have their +'s and -'s.

I have a 2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab SE 4x4 with the following mods:

-ProComp 6" Stage 1 lift
-ProComp Xtreme Alloy 1079's
-Cooper Discoverer S/T tires, 35x12.50R-17
-Bilstein 5125 Series Rear Shocks
-Total Chaos Shackles
-SAW (Sway-A-Way) Front coilovers (haven't installed yet)
-N-Fab Steps
-Hella 500 Series Driving lights- three
-Custom Rad/Engine/Trans skid plates by me
-Lund Bugshield
-Husky Liners
-Ventshades
-Extang Tonneau
-Added tailgate cargo lights
-Axle vent mod
-RF fender liner splash guard mod
-Painted Engine Cover

Looking forward to browsing your site! :cheers:

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts
Welcome to Dodge Talk. I looked real hard at the Titan before I bought my ram. I think they are a good truck.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Welcome to DodgeTalk. Maybe if you stick around long enough we can convert you :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ram3500Dually said:
Welcome to DodgeTalk. Maybe if you stick around long enough we can convert you :D

Well, I PLAN to keep this truck awhile. Unless I have the need for a diesel in the near future (and it would be a cummins for sure), I won't be buying another truck anytime soon.

You can try though, LOL! :D

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
When you start seeing parts fall off while looking in your mirror you'll decide its time :D :D :D

In all seriousness, welcome to DodgeTalk and enjoy your stay :)

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
welcome to dodgetalk. :)

·
Go big or stay home!
1,314 Posts
Welcome to the site. Like the truck by the way!

·
Go big or stay home!
1,314 Posts
No problem, I have grown to like the looks of those Titans. I have never driven one though.

·
Neon bug bites again
1,272 Posts
Iv heard that the titan has alot of recalls and problems. Is that true? Iv always liked how they look, iv never driven one yet but i will.

oh yeah nice truck btw. :D

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Welcome to DT ! Nice truck, I like the lights up front. Not bad at all !

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sohc98 said:
Iv heard that the titan has alot of recalls and problems. Is that true? Iv always liked how they look, iv never driven one yet but i will.

oh yeah nice truck btw. :D
The biggest most "model wide" issue has been the front brakes, which appears to have been fixed for 2008+. I had mine replaced (front rotors/pads, rear pads) at around 12k, before I put the lift/tires on. Then just recently at around 40k, they turned the rotors and put new pads on the front. All under warranty.

The other major issue has been the rearends. I have had ZERO problems in the 44k that I've driven. The issue seems to be weak spider gears on the Offroad package equiped models with the electronic locker. First they used a 2-spider design, then switched to 4-spiders, which didn't solve the issue because of poor powdered metal construction. These are all issues on DANA's end though. As far as I'm aware, this issue seems to be resolved for 99% of the 07 models and there aren't any reported rear end failures on the 08's yet.

While we're on the subject of the rearend, poor axle seal design has resulted in failure of the seals. Any slight increase in pressure will blow the seals. Many have been able to install an improved axle vent to solve this issue. Both of my seals have been replaced, and I've had zero problems since installing a 'normal' style axle vent instead of the check valve type that comes from the factory.

Aside from that, there haven't been many 'major' issues. The only recall I've had on my 05 is the brakes. There are quite a few TSB's out there, but you have that with whatever you buy.

The dealer has treated me fair and it's been a good truck so far with only a few minor issues, which have all been taken care of under warranty. Would I buy another? Certainly. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase a truck from any of the mfg's though. There's good and bad with all. So far, I've had a good one!! :cheers:

·
Neon bug bites again
1,272 Posts
I figuered that what i heard was a little exaggerated. I heard it from our local Chevrolet dealership when i was truck hunting for my dad. He wanted to check out the titan, ram, silverado, tundra, and f-150. A lot of good that did he ended up buyin a monte carlo instead lol.

Im glad the dealership took care of it for ya tho.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.