Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
DakotaBlues
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
Well i just ordered the Magnaflow Tru-X Pipe as pictured below.
My question is,... Now that the truck will be True Dual what size Inlet and Outlet do you suggest the new mufflers be?

I'm having my Y-Pipe cut off right after the Cat's, I believe the Y-pipe is 2".

I currently have a Flowmaster 40 SI/DO which is 2.5" In and 2.25" Out's.

I'm not sure if i should get the 2.25" Single In/Single Out Muffler or 2.5" Muffler.

I also thought of trying to save some money and just getting 1 more SI/DO like the one I already have and then just have them dumped before the rear axle or out the sides before the rear tires.

If i go to large on the muffler size I believe I'll loose back pressure correct??

The X-Pipe I ordered is 2.5", They have a 2.25" size one also but i figured I'd play it safe with the 2.5" one because they can always make a 2.25" pipe fit it anyway.

I have about a week to decide what i want to do so please any suggestions or thoughts on this that you may have will be most helpful.

Thank you in advanced.

Jim.

Attachments

·
graythang
262 Posts
OK what does the X pipe do? It looks like two separate pipes put together. Is that what it is basically? I'm still looking at full duals as in two totally separate pipes from each manifold back with no cats and just a Magaflow 40 can on each pipe.

·
DakotaBlues
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
graythang said:
OK what does the X pipe do? It looks like two separate pipes put together. Is that what it is basically? I'm still looking at full duals as in two totally separate pipes from each manifold back with no cats and just a Magaflow 40 can on each pipe.
The X and H Pipes are suppose to equal out the exhaust gases before leaving the tailpipe.

Jim.

·
Mopar Kid
552 Posts
dude dont duels.............just one huge pipe............thats the way to go

·
Registered
75 Posts
why gust one huge pipe and not duals?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.