08 Ram anyways for some good ole' American Muscle! I was like "screw it,
this car is gonna rock!" so why do I need to test drive it? I was thinking of
waiting to see the new Camaro but I think it looks kind of lame when compared
to the Challenger which looks a lot more bad ass. :D

·
Registered
726 Posts
Just ordered a Black SRT8
When you say ordered you mean from the factory? Did they say when they are gonna start building them again?

6 speed----good choice. If you are getting a hot rod it needs a stick. Besides, the auto is geared too high and don't have LSD if I remember correct. I'd buy one without a test drive as well, way sexy. I just can't see a new payment now. I'm already strapped with a $266.00 a month 2006 Jeep payment for another year!

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,086 Posts
congrats

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When you say ordered you mean from the factory? Did they say when they are gonna start building them again?
The dealership took my deposit and said they ordered it. Should arrive in
12 weeks. Are they not making them in the US? I know that they are built
here in Ontario, I think in Windsor or Brampton so maybe it's different. Or
are you referring to the 4 weeks that Chrysler gave their workers off?

Anyways they better be building them! Or the dealer is pulling a fast one
on me and hoping that they start building them? :YO:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hope I don't kill myself in this thing!

·
Registered
16,619 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
726 Posts
The dealership took my deposit and said they ordered it. Should arrive in 12 weeks. Are they not making them in the US? I know that they are built here in Ontario, I think in Windsor or Brampton so maybe it's different. Or are you referring to the 4 weeks that Chrysler gave their workers off?

Anyways they better be building them! Or the dealer is pulling a fast one
on me and hoping that they start building them? :YO:

I am pretty sure they stopped building them about Christmas or a couple weeks before. They did this as Detroit was trying to act responsible at the time, no jets to DC, CEO's driving to the Capital, ETC and they thought an American gas guzzler hot rod gave the wrong impression. Never mind that it was the only thing selling at that time and usually for 5-10K over sticker! LOL
It had nothing to do with the month off.

Pretty sure they will start deliveries again in March. With the dealer price, zero % financing and credit scores accepted I wager all Challengers in stock will be gone by end of February. In fact if enough move soon they may crank up earlier. I have ordered a lot of Chrysler stuff over the years and usually you can figure 4-6 weeks so the 12 week deal sounds correct. But it also could be they have a large inventory of them holed up someplace. Car sales dropped way off even before credit got tight. I know they had 50-70 days of inventory stockpiled of some models.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Congratulations on the SRT8 Challenger! It looks just like mine, and you are going to love it. I would have preferred the six speed as well, but I also wanted the first year production run, and I couldn't have both. Even my automatic version is a ton of fun to drive. This is the best car I've ever owned, by a long shot. The wait will be worth it, ... so hang in there.

And this is the first I have ever heard of Chrysler stopping production of "gas guzzlers", and not just the 4 week production halt on everything. Anyone have a link to the actual story that tells about it?

MoparToYou

·
Registered
726 Posts
And this is the first I have ever heard of Chrysler stopping production of "gas guzzlers", and not just the 4 week production halt on everything. Anyone have a link to the actual story that tells about it?

MoparToYou
Geeeze, I'm looking for this but can't find it. Seems it was on Allpar but I can't remember. I hope I was wrong, but again, if you go to the Dodge site and look at inventory you find many dealers with no cars. There are none for sale in this 350,000 pop town and only 3 in the whole county from what I find. I did a search for a Titanium J package 6 speed R/T over a 3 state (CA, NV, AZ) area and found nothing. My local dealer says no orders as no cars.

·
Registered
32,955 Posts
There is a dealer just up the road from me that has a black SRT on the lot. It's 6 speed also..

·
Registered
16,619 Posts
There is a dealer just up the road from me that has a black SRT on the lot. It's 6 speed also..
Yeah, Thats the one on the show room floor. Did you make a deal on the orange R/T yet.;)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The only thing I don't like about the Car is the rims. I'd like to
get some 22"s but I also don't want to kill the Muscle Car look.
Anyone know of rims that would look good on a Challenger? I
was thinking of getting the stock rims powder coated black?

Life is tough when all you have to worry about is a choice of
rims. LOL

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Congrats, i'm sure you are going to enjoy it.:tup:

that reminds me of a black SRT-8 at an all mopar meet i was at last summer. the owner of it put red Hemi Cuda hockey stripes on it and that car looked great with it.

unfortanately my camera battery died and i didn't get any pics of it.:(

·
Devil's Advocate
8,198 Posts
Congrats, you lucky sob!

·
Registered
471 Posts
As for wheels on a black challenger, ... may I suggest, black chrome.

Go to calchrome.com and look at their black chrome wheels for Mopar automobiles. They look great.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.