DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my 2013 RAM 1500 4X4 5.7L HEMI Express lifted with a Zone 6" lift, Pro Comp SS Runner struts, Fuel Boost 17" wheels and 37" Trail Grapplers. Looks awesome and feels pretty solid but I have a concern about the mounting of the passenger side lower control arm onto the front crossmember. It looks like it's not fully supported by the crossmember (partially sticking out from behind the crossmember to the side) and the mounting bolt is offset to the outside, as opposed to the driver side mount which has the offset towards the inside of the crossmember. See the parts of the photos below with the green circles to see what I mean.

I'd like some independent opinions from you guys before I talk to the shop that did the install tomorrow (closed today). I'm a newbie to offloading and this is my first lifted vehicle.

Thanks so much for the help! I really appreciate it. :cheers:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's the photos:

Thanks again, in advance, for any help. I'd love to see photos of other's lower control arm mounts on the same lift, if anyone else has done a Zone lift on a similar truck. Mainly, I want to know if this was installed improperly so I can get it fixed!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just had a BDS lift installed on my 2011. Here's a pic of mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just had a BDS lift installed on my 2011. Here's a pic of mine.
Thanks! I see yours lower control arms are mounted with the offset to the outside on both, but you don't seem to have any of the (bearing assembly?) sticking out the side like my passenger side does. btw - When I lived in MD, my band used to practice at our drummer's house in Stafford, VA. Small world.

I've looked at the Zone lift install manual and watched all the videos I can find and I don't see any explanation for the (seemingly adjustable) offset of these mounts.

If the shop that did the lift tells me "it's fine" I'm just not sure if I should believe that or not. Can anyone else weigh in on if I have a problem with my install or not? Thanks!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I see what you're saying. Mine don't seem to stick out as much, but they do stick out.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, that looks promising for me! Thanks so much for posting the extra photos, man. That's really helpful. Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Your lift looks fine, it has to do with how much material the manufacturer used when making that cross member, looks like a little less which causes the arm rubber to show more, NO worry here. Also the cam bolts are for setting the caster/camber. Also nice truck.

·
Registered
712 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How does it drive with the 6" lift and big tires? What gearing do u have?
The front bumper would have to be cut back to avoid rubbing at extreme turning angles, but I planned to replace it with a Kore or ADD bumper anyway.

Also, it does have a little vibration over about 70MPH. I'm looking into that next week.

The window sticker says the truck has a 3.92 rear axle ratio. I assume the manufacturer matches the front ratio at the factory, otherwise I would think that 4X4 mode would make the truck lurch and jump. Actually, I've been wondering about that. Maybe someone else can comment on that part and educate me?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yea whatever the window sticker says is what's in front and back.
Thanks. The shop that did the work just told me the vibrations will go away once I put a few miles on the new tires. This makes a little sense as on my way up there I was having trouble reproducing the vibrations on the highway. They seemed lessened already. Maybe I jumped the gun on the vibration issue. I'll drive it a little and report back.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Your lift looks fine, it has to do with how much material the manufacturer used when making that cross member, looks like a little less which causes the arm rubber to show more, NO worry here. Also the cam bolts are for setting the caster/camber. Also nice truck.
I agree. Great looking Ram!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.