DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got Sirius Sat Radio back in my Ram. Had it marked down to $40, was $70 for the player. The subscription is only costing me about $17 a month inc taxes. Went without it for about 4-5 yrs. I'm so glad to have it back. Doesn't sound too bad for a stock sound system..lol

Time to upgrade the audio with a new Alpine headunit, Alpine Type R door speakers & an Alpine Power Pack.....

Attachments

·
Site Administrator
22,963 Posts
I quit mine just last year. I was paying $130 a year.

I only listened to 2 channels really. So it wasn't worth it for me.

In a way I do miss it..

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I looked online & they had a $10, $15 & $18 (plus tax) options. I got the $15 one. Still like 140 channels, nfl, nascar etc...really only things the $18 one added was the NBA, MLB, PGA Tour & a couple other channels like Oprah Radio & Martha Stewart..lol

When I had it about 4-5 yrs ago, it was even more. The players were more too. Its cheaper than it use to be.

That's not that bad. When you break it down its only about .56 cents a day. All I got to do is work 1 hr OT (with some money left over) & a month is paid for. I have worked about 6 hrs OT this wk so far, that's like 7-8 months already paid for...lol

I listen to about 6 channels quite a bit. For rock I have Octane, Liquid Metal, XL Faction & Alt Nation. For classic rock I have Ozzy's Boneyard & Classic Rewind. For a little modern country I got The Highway, then there's a station for 90s country. And for once in a blue moon there's Hip Hop Nation. Also a channel for the top 40 current hits.

Plus I like listening to some of the sports channels & a game if I'm missing it. Plus the comedy ones aren't too bad. Out of the 10 presets I have, I can always find something to listen to.

Usually the rock ones are good enough, if not I can find something on the top 40, country, hip hop, etc...it sure beats FM radio or constantly putting in a new cd. Soon I plan on getting an Ipod hookup as well. I have like 1000 plus songs on my ipod.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I use to have and and loved it when I had it then went without for awhile and started listing to Pandora which I could Bluetooth though my head unit so never saw a need for it again. I was 07mega I only listened to a few channels but I did really like when I had it. Was riding with my sister on Sunday and she had it and it brought back a lot of memories

·
Site Administrator
22,963 Posts
What I liked about it was going to here to San Diego, which we did a lot, up north to Flagstaff... listen to the same radio, never lost reception in the mountains etc.

I kind if miss the 80s, 90s and the Highway now...

Great...

May have to add it to my MOD list here and see if I can hook it up easy to my Kenwood... great thanks..

:p

·
Registered
512 Posts
I had it for years until Stern when down to 3 shows a week and ungodly amount of vacations. Couple that with Artie leaving it wasn't as good so I left. But man do they hound you, I must get a few calls a month, at a least 2 mailers every week!

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I eventually want to get a new Head unit that has it in it, along with an Ipod hookup & a pair of door speakers & a power pack...but that's probably a year away or longer...lol

I'm still enjoying it. I can always find something I like on it using my presets. On FM I could pick up one pop station, one rap station & a couple country ones & thats about it. No rock station, besides one classic rock station. But they all basically played the same 20-30 songs or less over & over again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.