DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I finally got my 2nd mod in, Euro Style Tail Lights. Got 'em off Ebay for a total of $38. I got them on with no problem. Went ahead and replaced all the bulbs so I wouldn't have to worry about them later, but now I've got a problem. The driver's side light works fine, but the passenger side is all messed up. First, when you put on the signal it blinks really fast in the middle, but when you put on the brake, all three lights blink really fast. Is this a problem with the wiring? Or could it be one of the sockets (which is burnt really bad, but still works) causing this? I've tried changing all the sockets around thinking maybe they had to be in some order, but that wasn't it. Could it possibly be the little clip that holds the wires in? :help:

Also, anyone ever put any silicone around their tail lights to keep the water from getting down behing the light? I've got a gap on each side that wasn't there before and thought about putting silicone in it to prevent moisture in the lamps.

Thanks a bunch!

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
the tails have a circuit board with chips? sounds like they're stuck in some sort of blink/flash mode. You could connect the left on the right and visa-versa to confirm.
If you silicone them, it'll be a mess next time you need access to a bulb. Check them next rain.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when i pulled the lamp off, there wasn't a circuit board showing. Where would this be?? The only thing with wires is the plug coming from the truck for the lights.

·
Registered
80 Posts
do you happen to have any pics of your new lights?? I installed mine yesterday and also purchased them off of e-bay for more money. I was wondering what style yours was.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had this happen to me and it was because one of the bulbs weren't in all the way.

·
Registered
125 Posts
durangogirl02 said:
do you happen to have any pics of your new lights?? I installed mine yesterday and also purchased them off of e-bay for more money. I was wondering what style yours was.
hey durangogirl02, i bought mine off ebay for 55 bucks, i got the black euro lights. some of the feedback i read on the lights on ebay claimed that the lights didnt hold out the moisture real well but i thought for 55 dollars, i would take the chance. the lights look pretty solid and i've had some pretty heavy rain around here lately and no sign of fogging.

tandenish, i noticed on mine the light came with a separate wiring harness as opposed to the stock light where the connection was made right to the light assembly. maybe your harness has a short, try switching the harnesses from the the two sides.

Attachments

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally by durangogirl02

I don't have any pics with them on the truck, but here is the link to the auction I won.

cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7985193726&rd=1&sspagename-STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT

Orginally by Spyderman

tandenish, i noticed on mine the light came with a separate wiring harness as opposed to the stock light where the connection was made right to the light assembly. maybe your harness has a short, try switching the harnesses from the the two sides.
I tried that this morning, but I can't seem to get the harness off. Is there a trick to doing that or am I not trying hard enough?

Now there are even bigger problems. The passenger tail light does not work at all. & when you put on the brakes, the dashboard lights up and the radio light dims (the headlights are not on when this happens). I think my wiring is faulty all over now that I've changed the tail lights.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, I've put my original lights back on and everything seems to be working. Must be just that one tail light that is faulty. Will have to contact seller about it. Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Found out what the problem was. The circuit board was not fully connected to the light. I had to take out a part of the circuit board so that it would fit, but everything is working fine now. I will post pics soon.

·
Registered
125 Posts
cool, id like to see what they look like

·
Registered
80 Posts
Tandish....those are cool lights. I wished now I would have gotten those ones. The ones I got are 3-D effect to them. I think I paid 109 for mine. I don't think I typed the write words when i was looking. Cause now that I do it. I found more lights......oh well.

·
Registered
80 Posts
spyderman....those black ones really look nice on the white D. Is that your D or the pic that modeled the lights. Whichever they look really neat on it. I think mine are that style only in the chrome. They look nice but I am still thinking the other style would have looked nicer.....oh well!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
durangogirl02 said:
spyderman....those black ones really look nice on the white D. Is that your D or the pic that modeled the lights. Whichever they look really neat on it. I think mine are that style only in the chrome. They look nice but I am still thinking the other style would have looked nicer.....oh well!!
thats my durango, i was really happy with the lights myself. youll have to post pics of your durango. ive been reading some of your posts and id really like to see some of the work youve been doing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.