DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
******* Yankee
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well guys I just finished it up and it works! :party0003 It took me about 3hrs (with interruptions). It really wasn't too bad just time consuming. No remote start, I really didn't need that. It was a Bulldog system. Picked it up at PepBoys for $40. Only about 10 wires to hook up. I know it's not top of the line but it works and that's what counts. 9815004X4 Thanks again for the tips.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
wirenutt1969 said:
No remote start, I really didn't need that.
But you really needed the keyless entry? 3 hours when it takes not 3 seconds to unlock a door with a key? Come on son.

·
******* Yankee
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just one of those things I wanted and it's nice to have in the rain and when my hands are full. I got some good experence out of it too. Actually if you take out the interruptions it only took about 1 1/2 hours. That's not bad.

·
******* Yankee
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PhatKat said:
Glad it went in without problems! I have one in the mail right now that has remote start / window roll-up / paging, etc. Should be a fun install!
For all that I would have let someone else do it. My one complaint about doing a job like this is that you don't have much wire to work with in those harnesses.

·
Registered
269 Posts
wirenutt1969 said:
For all that I would have let someone else do it.
Where's the fun in that? Just kidding. There are some really neat connectors that the install shops use that clip onto the harness wire and a spade terminal slips into them. They have a tiny 'footprint' on the harness, so even the tightest wires (think steering wheel harness) are no problem.
They can be hard to find locally, but can be ordered online.

I think I'll try the install myself, I've put some pretty complicated alarms and stereos in cars before.

What kind of unlock range are you getting from the Bulldog remote? You said you know it's not one of the top - of - the - line makes, but I've always had a good experience with their products.

·
******* Yankee
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This morning leaving work I unlocked it from about 100' away give or take 15'.

·
GROUNDED
2,944 Posts
you gotta watch out with those cheap systems, sometimes they design them poorly and they will operate off of other cars remotes, so if someone else goes to get in their car it will unlock yours when your alarm is hit. its just a matter of frequencies.

·
GROUNDED
2,944 Posts
its really bad for us with door poppers because ive seen people with shitty alarms and starters etc, tie them into the popper solenoid so the door opens off the remote, and someone walks by and pops your doors open when disarming their car.

·
******* Yankee
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Never thought of that. Oh well. If I come out one day and see my truck unlocked I'll know what happened.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.