Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just spent the last 2 and half hours installing my new harland sharp roller rockers, not to hard a job - bit tricky getting the back ones in though! and you gotta keep a eye on the push rod ends, but all went very well.

Took her out for a spin, its definetely made a difference, throttle response even better (its like when you first put a fastman throttle body on - the truck seems so much lighter), couldnt give it to much throttle as its raining and it was the rush hour - but what i can tell you is the back end was breaking loose on mild throttle in second gear! - never done that before!

Will keep you posted when i get a chance to really open her up and see how she goes!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Congrats and good to hear. Nothing but good things to say about Harland Sharp 1.7's. I love the extra performance it gave my truck, especially in the low to mid range.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
yeah its a really good mod, that and superchips made the biggest diffence, you notice a loopy idle on yours too!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I can remember putting Crane roller rockers on my Mustang years ago...definitely pepped it up a bit.

·
The Man
365 Posts
Nothing but good things to say about Harland Sharp 1.7's. I love the extra performance it gave my truck, especially in the low to mid range.
I'll definately have to get a set of these. I want as much low to mid range as I can get!

·
Registered
336 Posts
lastrights- Truck is running great. When stock, the truck was a dog. The truck struggled pulling my 6400# loaded trailer up grades, but it did fine on flat land. Overall I was disappointed with its power and performance when I bought the truck used. After the mods, I now love this truck. The mods compliment each other and has given the truck excellent low to mid range power, and I'm very happy with the way it pulls my trailer. Night and day difference. I'll be installing a Hughes cam (9204) for more towing power in a few months. Can't wait. I just might add some Iron Ram heads while I'm swapping the cams. It would be a good time to install the heads, but money wise, who knows.

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
how much do the harland sharp 1.7RRs cost?

·
The Man
365 Posts
Between $300-350.00 depedning on where you shop.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
just be careful that the cam will go with those rocker, becasue now that we install the 1.7 non-adjustable its harder to find a cam .

·
The Man
365 Posts
The production R/T heads are the same as the standard Magnum heads.
The Mopar Performance R/T heads are the performance heads. They have "R/T" cast directly into them.

The production cam should still work ok as it is not much bigger than the regular production unit. ***I have no first hand experience with this I an just saying because it is only negligibly larger***. I wouldn't have spent the money/time to swap it out, but it's already paid for.

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
i may do one or the other someday...RRs or cam, prolly cam cause its easier & im sure cheaper in labor too. And I've heard its best to just do one or the other.

·
Registered
336 Posts
lastrights- Thanks for the tip. The Hughes 9204 cam lift will be too high for the 1.7 RR's. I'll be getting some new 1.6 RR's when I install the cam.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Did the 1.7 rocker arms change gas mileage at all?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.