DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i just hit 30,000 miles in my truck. I have a 2006 2wd single cab 5.7 hemi. I was wondering if i should do some tune up on it. So what do you recommend for me to do? Also what is our trucks idle supposed to be? Mine idles at 500rpm and it just seems to low for me. Is this the right RPM?

·
Previously Micash21
2,802 Posts
I know mine and others have said its around 700.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thanks. What is the PCV?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I idle at about 500 most of the time, you should change your transmission fluid, differential and do yourself a favor and flush your brake fluid.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok yea i have never heard of that ha. Where could i find one and how hard is it to change out?

·
Tex
3,717 Posts
ok yea i have never heard of that ha. Where could i find one and how hard is it to change out?
dealer is the best place to get that one, you could just take it out and clean it, let it dry and put it back in. it takes like less than a minute to get it out, it just screws in.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so its just on the valve cover?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok cool ill do that. What kind of spark plugs are guys running in our trucks

·
Tex
3,717 Posts
oem champions and ngk 5306s are pretty popular. you can get the proper ngk plugs from moes for pretty cheap if you wanting to go that route. i wasn't about to put the champions back in mine. some people say its a waste of money but i like my ngk plugs

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok ill chekc both of them out thanks man. What about my rear end should i change my oil and is there anything i should do with the tranny?

·
Tex
3,717 Posts
i would change the diff oil and i'm not sure on the 30k tranny stuff. probably wouldn't hurt to do a pan drop and drain and change the filters and put in new fluid

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok ill look up some stuff for that also. Thank you for all your help and if anyone else has advice yours is welcome as well.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I idle at about 500 most of the time, you should change your transmission fluid, differential and do yourself a favor and flush your brake fluid.
you flush your brake fluid? Huh I have never done that once. How do you do it open all four bleed lines and drain it all out then refill? Its just hydraulic fluid is should not degrade, right. I never heard of this. I have heard of muffler bearings needing to be replaced at 30k and def top off the blinker fluid or drain and change it.
http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=6
http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=10 :crazy:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I gravity bleed mine to decrease the chance of air or contaimnents getting in the ABS Module. Your brake fluid is not hydraulic, it is absorbs water very easily and your right most people do not change their brake fluid, if people really understood that brakefluid needs to be serviced just like transmission fluid, differential fluid, power steering fluid and antifreeze. I have done quite a bit of circle track and short track racing, trust me brake fluid can save your life and vehicle.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Ok I did a little research about flushing brake fluid, and it 2001ssde is completely correct (not that i doubted you) even a little mositure content in the fluid can cause the boiling point to drop considerably, and in a situation of prolonged braking the fluid could boil and make your brakes useless. Next time I do my brake I will flush the fluid, considering the cost of brake fluid it is well worth it. Plus I have never gravity bleed before, I hear its better then pumping the system, but I have never had an issue with pumping the brakes to bleed.

·
Registered
58 Posts
You could always just open the owners manual and listen to the engineers who designed and validated the truck for a lifetime of use by doing the service they recommend...just a thought.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.