DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the Wagner Ceramic thermoquiet pads installed on the front two tires. Lifetime warranty.
My D has 45000 miles
I'm interested in any opinions on Wagner and/or ceramic brake pads. Should I have just went back to the stealership and bought mopar? I can't stand squealing so I'll be very picky about that. They turned the rotors. Should I have just bought new rotors?

·
Registered
849 Posts
I wont get dealer parts for nothin, my original one were squeakin so i took it to the dealer paid them 30 bucks to look at it they said i needed to have new pads and the rotors turned so i brought it back spent another 140 to have brakes done, rotors turned on friday, sunday they were squeakin again took it back monday and they wanted another 30 bucks to inspect them again, i told them it was crap i already paid them to tell me what was wrong with them once, i had done what they said needed to be done, i start havin the same problem 2 days later and they wanna charge me again because they were wrong. I just took it and had all new put on(calipers,rotors, and pads) no more squeaks, i would have to say you should of got new just to avoid any potential squeaks, in the end i think my calipers were screwed though because the pads were worn unevenly in the week i had them on there.

·
Registered
758 Posts
The only drawback I heard about the ceramics is it chews through rotors. FYI Stops good though.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I put Akebono ceramics on the front this past summer ($64 from Rock Auto). Really helped cut down on the terrible squeaking (although it didn't totally eliminate it). I can't say that I notice an appreciable difference in stopping power, but they worked very well when towing my popup camper. They also cut way down on the brake dust, and are supposed to dissipate heat better.

According to the Akebono website, they are supposed to extend the life of the rotors, not chew through them. Time will tell.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had ceramics on my 1998 Ford Explorer and loved them...virtually no brake dust and lasted FOREVER...Can't wait till its time for new brakes on my durango...I am so tired of cleaning brake dust off the rims.....

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After my brakes squealing and producing mounds of black dust I took the D back and discovered, no to my surprise, that they were not ceramic pads. :VHOT: Now after demanding to see what ever pad they were going to put on they finally came out and said they can't get ceramic pads. Jip joint?

I know I can get hawks. Thermo quiets aren't made in ceramic?

·
First time Dodge Owner!
355 Posts
I just bought a set of the Wagner Thermo Quiet pads for my truck. Hopefully they will stop as good of better than the stock pads.

Are they supposed to stop any better than the stock pads? What about for towing? Will they fade less?

Any info would be great.

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.