DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dear god now i see how badly i needed this programmer cause my truck flat out flies now. when i first tuned it it was registering 28" tires yet i have 31's on it so my speedo was off. also befor i was noticeing that my brakes were not getting enough extra boost and now that i have the superchips it seems to have more boost at the master cylinder and now i dont have a spongy pedal. any way now i think im ready to give a hemi a good run now. i wish i had done this sooner.

·
99 R/T,43K miles
613 Posts
good to hear.i enjoy superchips on my hemi ram,but have always had SCT on my dakota.superchips has hard shifts,that is what i enjoy most.and from my experience,you will give a hemi a run up to 60 or 70mph,then the hemi will take over.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i did the update on mine and it gave me an extra economy tune. but im jelous of the tuning ability that the hemi gets with the trans and shift points and it also said that it can track 0-60 times on the hemi too all on the same superchips flash pac yet i dont get those options on my tuneing. but over all im still realy realy happy with it. and yea i plan on raceing my club members hemi.

·
USAF MOPAR MILITARY BRAT
3,441 Posts
Which superchips was it? I've got mine still in the box new ( don't ask ) I'm afraid that I'm gonna mess something up.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
3815 is the one that ive got and its realy easy to use

·
99 R/T,43K miles
613 Posts
yea i did the update on mine and it gave me an extra economy tune. but im jelous of the tuning ability that the hemi gets with the trans and shift points and it also said that it can track 0-60 times on the hemi too all on the same superchips flash pac yet i dont get those options on my tuneing. but over all im still realy realy happy with it. and yea i plan on raceing my club members hemi.
i wonder why you don't get the data log option(0-60,1/8,1/4mile and so on) on your dakota?i have read that the 4.7 ram guys have it.may be the PCM difference,NGC and the older J-TEC(i think that is what it is called).i can take my superchips and check 0-60 times on the 04 dakota but it will not work on the 99 dakota RT,just tuning.still superchips makes a big difference and glad you are happy with it.i would run that hemi from a stop,just watchout above 70mph.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea its odd. ill try to play around with it more to see if it has it and i just havent seen it. but as for the hemi he has 20" rims with 33's and 3.92 gears so i think i may have him in the weight to hp ratio. but yea this thing does a wicked 0-60 now

·
Registered
344 Posts
Now you need gears!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
now i realy realy need gears!!! that superchips makes you see how badly you need them. i say some 4.10's would kick some a$$:rck:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.