DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just got my srt 4 about a week ago and now im looking for upgrades...
so anybody have any suggestions what i should get first on my car?
i currently use around 15-16 psi's on my turbo, is that too much? i hear it gos up to 19 psi. thanks please offer me some suggestions...
thanks in advance

·
DFFL
1,219 Posts
Read up on SRTforums.com for info on parts and reviews for specific SRT-4 stuff.

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
My suggestion would be to stick with the Mopar Performance(MP) upgrade kits. I know the factory warranty covers the stage I and stage II kits as long as a dealer installs them. Not a bad deal and you see nice gains with the stage II.

-Scott :cool:

·
Banned
143 Posts
It all depends on the dealer. Some dealers will cover them and some won't. If the dealer calls the regional rep and asks than they won't be covered.

The upgrades are made by mopar performance, its an aftermarket company.

There is a list of things over on srtforums.com that will void your warranty. It is about 3 pages long. Everything from a mopar BOP (block off plate) to aftermarket turbos. Pretty much EVERYTHING will void your warranty. Its all because of people going and cranking up the boost and blowing up turbos and motors. Your best bet is to ask the dealership if it will void your warranty before you put it on your car, that way you know for sure. And try to get that in writing.

*EDIT* I forgot to add that the list was sent from mother mopar to the dealerships *EDIT*

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would go with the Mopar Performance upgrades. They offer great bang for buck and some pretty big gains. Let me know if you would like a catalog, I'll send you one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got my srt a few months ago.

The best way to start out with moddign it in my opinion is to start with a WGA(agp preferred) and go from there. Maybe a S1 computer.

Someone else here mentioned that the computer will control "over-boosting", this is true at WOT, but the computer does not control part-throttle boosting.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'll go against the grain here. Stay away from Mopar upgrades. They'll actually make you slower. On top of that, no dealer will warranty them. If you read the fine print, you'll see that all Mopar upgrades are "for offroad use only" and thus are not a part of your factory warranty.

Here's my suggestions:

Aftermarket WGA
Boost controller(manual or electronic, depends on your preference)
3" exhuast
K&N drop in filter for stock airbox
external BOV (if you go aftermarket boost control, the stock recirc valve leaks like the Titanic)
Larger FMIC
motor mounts

That list right there oughta get you to the mid 13's at the very least.

This should get you started! :rck:

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Nubie18 said:
So i just got my srt 4 about a week ago and now im looking for upgrades...
so anybody have any suggestions what i should get first on my car?
i currently use around 15-16 psi's on my turbo, is that too much? i hear it gos up to 19 psi. thanks please offer me some suggestions...
thanks in advance
Just a quick question but... is your SRT 100% complete stock and your boosting 15-16 psi??

One thing that is a for sure that you should buy is the AGP WGA. You can gain so much boost but just remember that on the pcm if you have too much boosting on the stock turbo that you will throw a CEL. There are things that you can do to boost high and not throw a CEL such as , FadesTIPMOD... Go to SRTForums.com and go to search and type in FadesTIPMOD. :crazy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.