DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a recall notice via email for my 6.7l. It's titled "Emissions Recall G30 - Replace the Oxygen Sensor and Reprogram the ECM."

I haven't had any problems so far, but with all the talk going on regarding the DPF, any advice before I go in? I've already asked for the current flash. I guess I'm a little superstitious, but I haven't had any problems, so I hope they don't mess anything up.....

· Registered
752 Posts
well all it is is a little box on your frame rail on the passenger side which controlls the o2 sensors readings they say the box can fail so i had mine dont and the flashes done and all is good

· Registered
151 Posts
I just got mine done yesterday.... took maybe an hour to do.

One thing I did notice.... seems like I started getting better milage.

On sunday I drove from palm springs to phoenix... averaged 16.8mpg. but yesterday on the same drive... 19.9mpg. Now i dont think my driving style changed much at all in two days... but my engine is pretty new... only 4800 miles on it as of right now

· Registered
36,020 Posts
I had mine done even though I hadn't had any problems. My advice would be to get it done.

· 5 Years... 6 Dodges
30,923 Posts
I figure tere's a recall out there for a reason... get it done.

· quadhemi4x4
621 Posts
Hey Agar426, what part of New Mexico are you from?

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
quadhemi4x4 said:
Hey Agar426, what part of New Mexico are you from?
Los Alamos.

Got the repair done today. They said that nothing showed up in the computer, hadn't thrown any codes, or shown excessive idling, (even though I warm it up in the mornings....using the high idle feature.).

Also got the oil changed, and the dealer covered it!! Now it's time to see if I notice any differences....

· Registered
84 Posts
O.K. ........My question is ..........How do you know they did the reflash........do they have to put a sticker somewhere or not.........and if not ..........how do you tell they did it at all?????? I had mine done a couple days ago and dont see any diff. anywhere under the hood or performance wise either.

Roger

· Registered
84 Posts
what differences did you see........please elaborate a little...........p.s. no sticker on mine

· Registered
16 Posts
The overhead seems to be much more responsive now. Believe it or not the engine sounded a little different. Like the lifters were a little louder. I can't tell performance is any different.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.