DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new dodge ram 1500 sport. 5.9L 4X4, i want to get some more power its a stock truck except for a K&N airfilter. Im not rich so was wonder what would give me more power with out spending tons of money. Also want to lift it about 3 inch, so i was wondering what the cheap but decent lift. also easy to do if you could help that would be great thanks! any site that has the lift if you could please post it thanks again.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Congratulations on your Ram purchase. I would look into a Fastman throttle body ( check out his website in the opening page of Dodge Talk ), air intake, exhaust system, and definitely some headers. This will definitely allow your truck to breathe a lot better and should provide some noticeable performance gain. If budget allows, then I would consider getting a Superchip. These modifications work great together. I'm no expert, but after these initial modifications I definitely felt better throttle response and more power. It makes my truck more fun to drive. Once again congrats and good luck with your modifications.

·
Registered
10,824 Posts
Dodge1298 said:
Would happen to know anything about the lights it seems mine have a foggy film.
if they are foggy they are probably getting moisture and water in them. only thing to do is replace them.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I think he is referring to the yellow hazy film that forms on the outside of the headlight lense. Just take a fine grit of sandpaper to it and that should solve the problem temporarily. After that, I would just replace them with some aftermarket clear covers. I am going to do that soon, because mine are starting to haze and they are not bright enough.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Grantman31 said:
I think he is referring to the yellow hazy film that forms on the outside of the headlight lense. Just take a fine grit of sandpaper to it and that should solve the problem temporarily. After that, I would just replace them with some aftermarket clear covers. I am going to do that soon, because mine are starting to haze and they are not bright enough.

you can normall restore them using tooth paste(not gel) then clean them good and spray on some of the new many synthetic waxes and they shouldnt haze up again.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Thanks for the advice, I may just do that! But I really want to get some newer ones. I like the clear look and it makes the truck look newer and sharper, IMO. Plus, these headlights, which have those lines or ridges, don't promote the best visibility, not even with the fog lights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.