DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A local dealer has 3 left from 20, 2005 srt 10 quad cabs that they are selling for 35k. They all have 200 miles or less on them. The truck I drove had 46 miles on it. The sales leach took me for a test drive and beat the hell out of the thing like it was and rental car! Then he pulls over and ask if I would like to try it out. WHich I did in the same manner! The truck was a blast, it's hard to believe that a 4 door truck can run like that. Well I'm a believer in these trucks now. I would be a owner also if they wouldn't have low balled my trade. Well that and what my insurance would have gone up to. Just out of curiosity what do some of you pay for insurance on your srt's?

·
Registered
18 Posts
RedRam, sorry to hear about the low ball on your trade. I unloaded my trade here in Northern Virgina, just west of Washington DC bout 45 minutes, where i could get more for it. Then i caught a plane up to pittsburgh and drove a rental almost to the penn/ohio border to get the right deal on my 05 Reg. Cab srt-10. I honestly saved about 5-6000 dollars by going north to a poor town where these trucks were sitting on a lot because noone could afford the gas. The trip up there was worth every penny!!
I pay right around 1000 dollars per year with GEICO with full comprehensive coverage. My insurance was the same price as my 03 Dodge Ram 1500 because in the eyes of Geico both the srt-10 and reg. ram are the same. Hope they never catch on :)
Dont give up the dream of going after on of these beasts!!! They are worth whatever you have to go thru to get it!! If you wanna feel like your qualifying for the daytona 500 everyday your going to work than this is the truck for you. Ive got more complements and thumbs up with this truck in the 2 weeks ive owned than all my other previous vehicles together. Best of Luck with your search!!
:rck:

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well to be honest I wasn't really looking to get a new truck today. I was just close to this dealership and wanted to see if the story about them was for real. Well it was. And after I drove it I thought I would give it a shot. Well after them offering me 3k for my truck I told them to F OFF and left. As it turned out my insurance agents assiant got something mixed up when she entered the vin on the truck. I told my agent later that I think her assiant type in a ferrari or somehting like that. Truth be told the srt 10 was going to about $30 more a month than my 2000 ram 1500 4x4 which I was shocked. I just wasn't going to take 3k and try to use it as a down payment on a 35k truck. Well I look at it this way. I got to beat the hell out of a truck that some people will never get a chance to drive the way it was meant to be driven (in a round about way).

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
They offered you THREE GRAND for a 2000 Ram 4x4 Quad Cab????

Wow, just when I think I've heard everything. :crazy:

·
Registered
204 Posts
I got $3k for a 93 base model voyager w/160,000+ miles. Those guys are idiots...

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FreeLantz said:
They offered you THREE GRAND for a 2000 Ram 4x4 Quad Cab????

Wow, just when I think I've heard everything. :crazy:
Yeah, They claim it was to old to put on thier used lot which was :gr_bs:! They had a 99 2wd ram 1500 quad cab and a 2000 2500 4x4 ctd reg cab. And I told them that they had these and they looked at me like :huh: ! So I told them to F OFF! I did find out last night from a friend of mine that went down to drive the same truck that I was only the second person to try to finance one of these trucks. And the other difference between me and the other guy was he was trading in a 2004 ram 1500 hemi quad cab insted? I guess there just wasn't enough reasle profit to be made from taking my truck on trade so they just low balled me to get me out of there. Or to get more finacing out of me? Oh well no matter I didn't like the idea of getting rid of my 4x4 anyway.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive got more complements and thumbs up with this truck in the 2 weeks ive owned than all my other previous vehicles together. Best of Luck with your search!!
:rck:[/QUOTE]

I can see that happening. I just wanted a fast 4 pickup. If I want a lot of stares, compliments, and thumbs up I'll drive my General Lee That usually takes care of my ego rush! :thatfunny

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
2000redram said:
Ive got more complements and thumbs up with this truck in the 2 weeks ive owned than all my other previous vehicles together. Best of Luck with your search!!
:rck:
I can see that happening. I just wanted a fast 4 pickup. If I want a lot of stares, compliments, and thumbs up I'll drive my General Lee That usually takes care of my ego rush! :thatfunny[/QUOTE]You've got a General Lee? Can we see pics?? :D

<<------BIG old-school Dukes fan here, lol

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's a few more recent shots. I had over 150 pics of this car until my hard drive crashed recently and I lost all of them. I took these so I had a few of the car. I'm still working a few things on it. The steering wheel for one I want one of the original style sport wheels for it later. It has older grant wood rim wheel in it now. And that replaced what had in it when I bought one of 2 color grant wheels with the 2 buttons on the spokes and 3 and 9 o clock like those used in the cars in the "gay and ridiculous" movies for nitrous! Other wise it just needs the chrome wheel mouldings and it will be done to my taste.

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
Nice!! The Dukes and the General Lee kick azz!

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
2000redram said:
Here's a few more recent shots. I had over 150 pics of this car until my hard drive crashed recently and I lost all of them. I took these so I had a few of the car. I'm still working a few things on it. The steering wheel for one I want one of the original style sport wheels for it later. It has older grant wood rim wheel in it now. And that replaced what had in it when I bought one of 2 color grant wheels with the 2 buttons on the spokes and 3 and 9 o clock like those used in the cars in the "gay and ridiculous" movies for nitrous! Other wise it just needs the chrome wheel mouldings and it will be done to my taste.
That is AWESOME!!! :rck:

Be sure to put some pics in the DT Gallery, so you are COTM-eligible. :)

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,864 Posts
2000redram said:
I think it would be better if the doors were welded shut.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
maka said:
I think it would be better if the doors were welded shut.
Yeah sure thing guy! :thatfunny I'll just send the bill for the new seat covers and new paint on the doors sills then ok? ;)

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
bigcountry739 said:
man, that is awesome, does it have the horn too?

Yuuuuuuuuuuuup

Attachments

·
Registered
1,910 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Oh my FU^$ING GAWD that was insane!!

Was that a staged scene for the Dukes movie or something?!

If it wasn't, that was a really stupid stunt. Amazing, yes, but still stupid.

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,864 Posts
denofthievz said:
Oh my FU^$ING GAWD that was insane!!

Was that a staged scene for the Dukes movie or something?!

If it wasn't, that was a really stupid stunt. Amazing, yes, but still stupid.
that was a clip from the new movie

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
not really new... but yeah, its a clip from the movie

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.