DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for the info. The reason I suspect wrong doing by the dealership is how they originally diagnosed the problem....they didn't...they claimed it was bad fuel...bad spark plugs...cracked plug wires....and to top it off they said it was normal for a mopar 5.9l to burn 2qts. of oil every 3,000mi. :WHT: It wasn't until another mechanic walked up and listened to what I was telling my mechanic assigned to do the original diagnosis. The second mechanic chimed in and confirmed all that I was telling the first mechanic as to what IS the problem. First mechanic didn't check engine at normal operating temp, didn't load it up while hot, didn't do a vac. test and then told me all the above mentioned SH*T. I felt the dealership didn't want to do the warranty work....so that was/is my underlying concern...did the work really get done? Time will tell. I’ll be towing trailers next week...she better not knock..
Thanks Dodgepickup!

·
1997 Ram 1500 5.2L
10 Posts
finally feeling better cleaning up emails etc rusted brake lines ouch no issues like rust here where I live in sunny San Diego----

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just wanted to thank everyone for helping out with my repair. I'm buying everyone a beer:cheers::drinkn:. I now have more response on acceleration and no pinging so far. I have a 50/50 mix with 93 octane and 87 octane so I don't no for sure. But I can hear a difference. Still have problem with cold weather starts. So that's next. And oil pressure light still comes on when stopped in drive only. But I replace oil pump 3 times in past 8years. So I doubt it's really the oil pump. I no the screen is an issue. Although this repair took me 4 days to do. 2 days I spent cleaning the crap out of the sludge and carbon buildup. I had a rewarding time doing it. First timer for fixing internal engine repair. Now have a little better understanding of the inner working of all the sensors and basics of the engine. Pretty cool. So thank you all.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
BERT........GOTTER DONE . GOOD JOB . :tup:

THX FOR THE :drink:

41 - 44 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.