DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it finally happened. The wife's 89 Suburban finally rolled over and died. I saw an opportunity give her my Durango and to get myself a new toy.
My Brother-in-law works at a local Dodge store and he knew I was out looking for a truck. A 2003 1500 SLT Qc HEMI appeared on his lot and he called me. He knew I had been out driving late model Chevys and Fords and said " buy what you want but not until you take this for a drive". I drove it around the block called him on the cell phone and told him to write it up.
This thing ROCKS. It's more fun than the 65 Mustang I had in high school.
The wife took it for a drive and threw the keys to the Durango at me and told me I could have the POS Durango back and that she was taking the HEMI.
Since she doesn't work I told she could have the the truck as long as she paid for the gas and insurance. Well' she still has no job so the truck is mine!
I love my new truck!

Mike

· Registered
691 Posts
Hehe. Hypertech makes a programmer for the '03, that gives more horsepower, raises top speed, raises the max RPM, raises shift points, stiffens shifts, and reads codes.

In my opinion this would make your truck a hella lot more fun. Your wife would get a job immediately!

· Registered
4,012 Posts
I have a Trans Am and a Hemi Ram. My wife has no rig. ;)

Congrats on the truck.

· Registered
390 Posts
Enjoy your new truck, welcome to DT, be ready to spend lots of cash........
(website addiction) :rck:

· Registered
3,035 Posts
Congrats...now you have to fill out your signature to let us know what it has and what your plans are. Also, post some pics to your gallery and here. Let us see what that thing looks like!

· 2012 Texas Ram Express
4,203 Posts
Congrads on the the purchase, and lets see soem pics and info about the truck.

· Registered
1,564 Posts
BLACKWOLF said:
I have a Trans Am and a Hemi Ram. My wife has no rig. ;)

Congrats on the truck.

I have a convertible IROC and a Hemi Ram. My wife drives a mini-van.

Congrats on the truck. :rck:

· Vertically-Challenged
15,566 Posts
Welcome to DT! i havnt seen it yet but (here it comes HEMI FREAK) DEBADGE IT!!!!!!! But seriously i hope you can get pics up and post them soon, i am looking forward to seeing your new rig.

The Coin Holders Association is the best thing in DT. The leaders will pop up soon and tell you more, i hope you join.

I dont have a spouse so i spoil myself. I Have a 04 PT Cruiser GT Turbo, 05 Ram of course, 68 Cougar!

Again, welcome

· Registered
277 Posts
Be ready to spend lot's on GAS!!!
IT COSTS ME 64 bucks to fill mine :VHOT:

other then that it's a great sexy truck :cool:

:shoot: gas prices

since someone else had to bring it up

my toys are: 89 IROC,96 Z-28,02 KAWASKI ZX12R, 04 HEMI QC SPORT

:drivingz:

· Registered
4,012 Posts
Mad Titan said:
I have a convertible IROC and a Hemi Ram. My wife drives a mini-van.
I need a mini-van. :)

· Jeep Driver
34,848 Posts
BLACKWOLF said:
I need a mini-van. :)
I can sell you one...... :D

LOL

And to MIKE J,

Welcome to DodgeTalk!

and

Congrats on your new "HEMI"! :rck:

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys.
I could use some info on where to go to research mods and accessories.
The first thing on my list is wheels and tires. These silly chrome plated plastic glued on wheel covers gotta go along with the Goodyear Wrangler tires. After that anything goes.

Mike

· Registered
562 Posts
Congrats! :cool:

And, you're lucky. My wife has a job. I have a company van. Guess what that means.

· HEMINATOR
1,117 Posts
Yes WELCOME!!!! And congrats on your new HEMI!!! You will love it.. There are a few things to do to help with the Gas Milage, but you will find them out soon enough.. Open your eyes, and your wallet, be patient(trust me), and things will payoff in the long run, and it will be a long run.... Take Care, and look forward in seeing you on the boards.. I am a late nighter(work nihgts) and i am on here all night long 99% of the time. PM me if you need some help. Later. :rck:

and again:

WELCOME !!!!!!!
:drink: :drink: :drink: :bman: :drink: :drink: :drink:

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Questions

So, I've been driving the new truck for about a week now and I have a couple questions. Where's my coinholder and whats that hook thingy under the dash for?
Also, all my buddies have Chevy's. They all look at my truck and say "you're gonna have problems" But it's cool to see them looking back at my truck when they walk away. I know they want one. And they just gotta see the HEMI.

Mike

· Jeep Driver
34,848 Posts
Congrats on your new truck! :D

The coinholder should be in your center console. It's not particularly useful though, IMHO. I used the ashtray as a coinholder in my Ram. ;)

The hook is for grocery bags or trash bags or anything else that you want to stay in that area and that can hang from a hook.

Ask the guys with 150,000 miles on their '02 and '03 Rams if they are having "a lot of problems". Seems to me most are not. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.