You could check out www.car-part.com for the going rate. Here were the steps in my 04 service manual on how to remove the axle if this helps. I removed the overloads, and that was pretty easy.
(1) Raise and support the vehicle.
(2) Position a lift under axle and secure axle to
(3) Remove wheels and tires assemblies.
(4) Remove all brake components.
(5) Remove axle vent hose.
(6) Mark propeller shaft and companion flange for
installation alignment reference.
(7) Remove propeller shaft.
(8) Remove shock absorbers from axle (Fig. 1).
(9) Remove U-bolts from axle (Fig. 2).
(10) Remove axle from the vehicle.