DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to get rid of the factory CD (the RBK) in my Ram because it just doesn't have enough power for me. On the freeway I always have the volume pegged at 38 and it just doesn't cut it. I know some on this site have changed theirs out so I have a couple of questions.
The RBK shows specs of 66W with 3% THD. I have been looking at something that plays mp3's as well. I know a lot of people like Alpine. The Alpine CDE-9845 lists at 45W. I also looked at the Kenwood KDC-MP828. It lists at 50W. I am going to have to add separate preamps to get more volume out of these models?
Where do preamps fit in these trucks? Any room under the dash?
Also I know speakers come into play here and I will probably change those also.

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
If the factory model pegged out doesn't do, I would suggest it. For simplicity you might change out the head unit, four door speakers, and get a 4-channel amp or two 2-channel amps to drive them all. I know alpine makes good mp3 players that are made to actually increase the mp3 sound quality back to CD quality. I put alpine door speakers in mine and the sound quality improved greatly but it had no effect on volume.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alpine does have a 80 W 4 channel amp that I saw for $199 at Crutchfield. Wonder if theres room under the dash somewhere.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess that would work. Best Buy does free install,I'll see what they can do.

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
they are also very expensive... personally, if you want to save money.. you can install it on your own.. the amp will be the most time consuming.. but it could save you a lot of money.. if you find the exact models you are thinking about getting, before you buy them.. post them up here, and im sure you can get them cheap on the internet.. theres one car audio site that has a 105% price garantuee.. and i have found stuff for my truck way cheaper through here.. of course, me and my dad installed everythign.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.