DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Originating Member
35,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allen Johnson and teammate Richie Stevens Jr. drove into the quarterfinal round at the Auto Club NHRA Finals in Pomona, Calif. The pair earned top ten finishes in the final 2007 NHRA POWERade Pro Stock standings, with Johnson taking the fourth spot and Stevens the ninth position.

Johnson, driver of the Mopar/J&J Racing Dodge Stratus R/T, defeated the Mopar-powered Dodge Stratus R/T of Max Naylor in the opening stanza before losing to Justin Humphreys in the quarterfinal. Stevens, the New Orleans native and driver of the Team Mopar/Valspar Dodge Stratus R/T for Don Schumacher Racing, first eliminated Ron Krisher with a .018 reaction time and a 6.671-second pass at 206.80 mph before losing to Jeg Coughlin in the quarterfinals. The round win gave Coughlin the 2007 Pro Stock championship.

Mopar-powered drivers Larry Morgan (seventh) and V. Gaines (tenth) also finished in the top ten of the final points standings.

"I guess the banner on the awning would be 'a great year.' We did have a great year," said Johnson, a one-time winner this season (at the Mopar Mile-High Nationals) in three final rounds. "A lot of great things happened. Some ups and downs, but it's the best we've ever finished in 11 years, and I feel like we're in a position now to take that and maybe build on it, and next year we'll be right there again."

"We're a veteran team and everybody's just jelling. The engine department is jelling, we're testing a lot because we got some funds to go out and test with. That's what it takes, just non-stop work, and that's what everybody's been doing. It worked. We'll take it and take a couple of weeks off and start at it again."

— Allen Johnson (shown above in the near lane, with his teammate Richie Stevens Jr. in the far lane), on his 2007 NHRA POWERade Pro Stock campaign. Johnson was one of four Pro Stock drivers to qualify for the new NHRA Countdown to 1 two-race title playoff.

·
Registered
202 Posts
just read were Mopar droped DSR Pro Stock racing and Richie Stevens don't no if this will be the same for Allen Johnson racing or not :mad:

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
Where did you see that? I'm looking all over NHRA.com and shoeracing.com
I haven't seen that blurb.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.