DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
lerchcon
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still waiting on an answer as to if the L7 boxes for 10's are done and how much they are. I have PM' ed Joe and have also sent a message on here but no response. Does anyone know if they are out yet or a picture of the finished product, I read a post that said they would be 185 shipped but i have not read any other articles on here as to whether or not they are done. I have also checked ebay and have found nothing new, also checking his site but they are not on there. He mentioned he was looking into a new site but still has the old one. By no means is to miscontrued as a
BMG post just curious if anyone knows something i do not, or i am missing something, please let me know i really want one of these with a fair price. And by reading feedback on his boxes since i have been on here Joe has it by far.

·
lerchcon
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Alot of people looking but yet no answers. Please help.. = )

·
lerchcon
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hopefully that is it, I really want one of these they look awesome and no one else makes them for this price.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
he had told me a while ago he could make a dual l7 box, never talked about price though. hes a busy guy, hes probably tied up in the holidays and other projects. he respond back, just give it time.

·
lerchcon
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
lerchcon
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good news Joe is alive. He contacted me and I ordered my box so will post pics of the new box when it arrives. Now to order the speakers any good sites for kicker recommended? Ebay sems to shady alot of the specs difer from page to page and worries me a little when all they have to do is copy and paste from kicker site.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
dudes.. i talked ot him about a box for 2 12" solobarics.. he said they wont fit.. so i made my own fiberglass box.. they fit .. just fit.. and sounds decent for a quick throw together job.. keep in mind its winter here ontario and i made this in my dads garage with minimal heat so i tried to lay the fiberglass as quick as possible and get my ass back inside.. when i was done i wrapped it some black fleece i had left over.. look ok i guess... i will post pics if you wanna see it.. will probably make a better box when it warms up

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
sighless said:
dudes.. i talked ot him about a box for 2 12" solobarics.. he said they wont fit.. so i made my own fiberglass box.. they fit .. just fit.. and sounds decent for a quick throw together job.. keep in mind its winter here ontario and i made this in my dads garage with minimal heat so i tried to lay the fiberglass as quick as possible and get my ass back inside.. when i was done i wrapped it some black fleece i had left over.. look ok i guess... i will post pics if you wanna see it.. will probably make a better box when it warms up
sure you can fit 12's there, but do you have enough air space to make them sound right? joe doesnt make a 12" box for that reason. his 10" boxes have just enough air space

·
lerchcon
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would have to agree with danny on this one. Not that they dont sound good to you or anything. But I checked the requirements for months and contemplated the amount of airspace the underseat would give and could not find a way. But hell ya post pics I did a first job with fiberglass and it keps balling up couldnt figure out how to get it to lay.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
i got 1.6 cubic litres of space with my 12s in the box.. im guessing.. without them in i have about 1.9.. so im guessing what it would be with them actually in the box.. used styrofoam peanuts to measure..

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
to amke em fit i had to tilt the subs and have them on an angle kinda pointing towards the back wall they dont sit flat as the magnet wouldnt fit in the hole

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
joe used to make a box for 2 12's but it was sealed only because it was just enough airspace for them. i think he stopped making it because the 10's sounded alot better/louder then the 12's.

·
Hauln' A$$ Suckin' Gas
460 Posts
ordered a 10" fox box, gonna have it this weekend, i am going to drop a 600w clarion shallow mount in mine

·
lerchcon
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Still waiting on my box so cant post pics. I ordered on the 3rd of January Hope it comes in soon. Projected date is tomorrow. On the 12 thing, pics on the box and the placement of the 12's? I tried to work with fiberglass when i built my tv console for the back seat, but i couldnt figure it out so i figured I would just use Bondo and filler after the 3 coast of resin since no sound was going thorugh it came out ok check out the pics in my gallery. It was my first project looking at it now it sits in the garage collecting dust because I am not happy with the outcome. When I get time i will redo the corners and make more round all around with no points as seen.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.