DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
I've used JL Audio 8's and they sound awesome, but not sure about Fosgate. I've used there products throughout the years, but have left me personally wanting more. Let us know what ya do.

·
Dieselhed
8 Posts
^^^^^^Great advice.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I have sold a few of these in the last week. I heard one that was VERY impressive!!!! I'm going to get some pics to post when I go back to that stereo shop. They took a pair of Pioneer shallow mount 10's and loaded them isobaric in this enclosure. It pressses up into the seat bottom a little but the seats still go down. They made a 1/2" Mdf spacer ring to seperate the 2 subs. Its not a 150db SPL monster but it shakes the mirrors.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Bill Lawrence said:
Isobaric!

Now there's a word I haven't used in ten years!
Still works as good now as it did back then.
You should see those Pioneer subs. They are amazing. They have alot of cone travel yet they are less than 3 inches deep!
I'm considering building a behind the seat sub box that will hold 2 of those 10's. I thought they would be very expensive but $160 isnt that bad.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Whats the model number of these Pioneer subs? Be interested in hearing these.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Any pics of your box and sub in the truck yet??? I am very interested in this as I think that I am going to get the drivers side box with a 10" sub. Thanks

·
Registered
977 Posts
Brandon should have his anytime now. Maybe he can get us some pics. I was going to use my brothers truck since he has the 60/40 and I have the bench seat. When I went to use his truck I found out something about having 2 kids. They spill all kinds of crap back there and the carpet is one brown spot after another. Not very attractive for a sales pic. He said the next time he gets his truck washed he will get them to shampoo the floor. But when will that be????? I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got my subwoofer today. The box is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. The problem is that I ordered a 4 channel line output converter to wire my amp and that won't be here till later this week. I can get you guys install pics tomorrow night, but I won't be able to tell you how it sound till this weekend.

·
ITS SO SLOW !
1,653 Posts
I agree fully with joe , the new shallow pioneers sound great for being so shallow but have plenty of travel to give you a good deep bass.

·
Registered
141 Posts
joefox said:
I have sold a few of these in the last week. I heard one that was VERY impressive!!!! I'm going to get some pics to post when I go back to that stereo shop. They took a pair of Pioneer shallow mount 10's and loaded them isobaric in this enclosure. It pressses up into the seat bottom a little but the seats still go down. They made a 1/2" Mdf spacer ring to seperate the 2 subs. Its not a 150db SPL monster but it shakes the mirrors.
Joe, How much for the drivers side box? I'm very interested since I need to keep the storage on the passenger side.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.