DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone is using that jetchip part on their 4.7 durango? I have a few friends who have them on their hemi's and they love them. Just wondering if its worth the money or not?

·
'00 Dango
272 Posts
Absolutely NOT! Problem w/ the JetChip is that your PCM will reprogram itself around the chip. JetChip does produce some impresive performance...but you will need to take it out for a few days on a regular basis, in order for your PCM to reset back to stock settings. A bit more involved explanation than that but that is the layman explanation. This info was recieved from MOPAR performance after I noticed a good power drop in my D three weeks after installing the JetChip. Buy a SuperChips Programmer for $100 more!

·
Pimp On Sir Don
12,782 Posts
Colorado Blue said:
Absolutely NOT! Problem w/ the JetChip is that your PCM will reprogram itself around the chip. JetChip does produce some impresive performance...but you will need to take it out for a few days on a regular basis, in order for your PCM to reset back to stock settings. A bit more involved explanation than that but that is the layman explanation. This info was recieved from MOPAR performance after I noticed a good power drop in my D three weeks after installing the JetChip. Buy a SuperChips Programmer for $100 more!

I concur 100%. Get a superchips programmer. The changes made by the jet chip will be undone by the PCM re-learning the information.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.